• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on removing VSF P9000/P9001 from case set

CybNoX

23/5/15
heloo all

I intend to swop a v2 movement into a old v1 case set, seeking expert advice:

1. the removal of movement the crown/stem is similar to a7750; where i have to locate a hole to push down and the stem will be released?

2. where are the screws securing the movement to the case set located?

thanks very much again,
Jef

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
Here is a pick from the mvt, you can clearly see the screws holding the mvt to the spacerring, also the little screw for the stemrelease is shown.

Grimlocktime

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
The removal of the movement is very straight forward. Screws tabs and a stem release button. I have worked on many of these including swapping a few for gen movements. They fit and function just as a good movement should.

Grimlocktime

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
Grimlocktime thanks. VSF case set is also takes a Gen movement without any mod?

This is true. Would also you believe me If I told you the rep movement ring fits the gen movement without any mods? I was stunned when I discovered this.

CybNoX

23/5/15
This is true. Would also you believe me If I told you the rep movement ring fits the gen movement without any mods? I was stunned when I discovered this.

wow! VSF advertised that their parts can be interchange with GEN - which, i think dials and hands that could be interchange with Gen are already quite remarkable.

have you also fit an A7750 date disc on a VSF movement?

VSF has yet to correct the color of their Pam 312,320 inscriptions. Gen dial i have, i am now finding the right colored date wheel to fit.

Grimlocktime

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
wow! VSF advertised that their parts can be interchange with GEN - which, i think dials and hands that could be interchange with Gen are already quite remarkable.

have you also fit an A7750 date disc on a VSF movement?

VSF has yet to correct the color of their Pam 312,320 inscriptions. Gen dial i have, i am now finding the right colored date wheel to fit.

The gen datewheel is not interchangeable on the V1. I assume this is also the case with the V2.

All hands can be swapped but the seconds hand.

I found the color of the printing to be quite close to gen.

Reactions: CybNoX

CybNoX

23/5/15
The gen datewheel is not interchangeable on the V1. I assume this is also the case with the V2.

All hands can be swapped but the seconds hand.

I found the color of the printing to be quite close to gen.

truly a master. thanks!

VSF's color has a tint of brown/orange. Gen has a yellow tint.

From photos, the color of V6F/XF's PAM305 submersible datewheel seems promising. Have you tried fitting A7750/Seagull datewheel unto VSF?

thanks again