• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 1312 Help Needed -- V6F arrived... it is THICK

drew4392

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/09
After a bit of reading, I was lead to believe the V6F version was more consistent in the smaller details... had the same modified 7750 movement... and overall was a more accurate rep. I ordered the V6F despite there being very little information or reviews (as compared to the plethora of info on the ZF version).

I received it today, and it is thick. My calipers don't reach all the way to the center of the case, and still, it is reading almost 17mm thick. It is an eye sore, and also an unnecessary tell in my opinion.

Does anybody know if there is only one 7750 version of the V6F? I really thought both V6F and ZF are the same thickness because both factories claim to use gen as sample, same movement, etc.

I purchased from a TD, and it might be worth mentioning that he said this was XF factory, but same as V6F. I've never heard of XF 1312, but this is a VERY trusted dealer so I believed him.

Any insight or help is appreciated! I may order ZF to replace.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0758.jpg
    IMG_0758.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0759.jpg
    IMG_0759.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: stoyania

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
The gen is just as thick. To get a slimmer model.you need the newer series, eg 1xxx. edit:sorry, missed your leading 1xxx on my phone....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
You may be able to use a thin closed back, check if the rotor height exceeds case back surface.
I gain ~3mm that way and i think it slips easier and been more comfortable in general.

drew4392

25/9/09
There is an in-depth review of the ZF vs. gen. Below pic is an excerpt of the comparison, and well-documented that ZF is same thickness as gen. What I didn't know is that V6F has two different versions: an older version (that uses old case), and a newer version. This isn't 100% clear to me, since V6F isn't a well-documented version of the 1312. Been trying to research as much as possible, and this seems to be accurate. V6F apparently has some features that are better aligned to the gen and more consistent in quality, but thickness with old version is an issue.

(top is gen, bottom is ZF)

1zp5q44.jpg

stoyania

15/4/16
what is the thinnest PAM rep that can be currently ordered from our TDs?

NotSoHonestAbe

Certified
29/3/18
I have this exact same rep. Looks real good to me, the thickness has never been an issue
bHrXBJY.jpg

TudorMonkey

21/6/18
Hi, just wondering...
is it reasonable to ask for caliper measurement of thickness during QC?

If the timepiece is advertised as 15.5mm, can we reject QC if QC thickness come up to 17.5?
Thanks

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi, just wondering...
is it reasonable to ask for caliper measurement of thickness during QC?

If the timepiece is advertised as 15.5mm, can we reject QC if QC thickness come up to 17.5?
Thanks

Unless the TD advertises that they provide caliper measurements in their QC process, absolutely positively not. The description that is on the dealer's websites are not of their own making. That is simply ad copy that is provided to them by the factories when the watches are released (which is why they sound so similar if not the same). TDs do not second guess this information and will not re-measure the thickness.

Of course you can ask, but if the TD says no they cannot, then that's the end of it.

BadData

Known Member
12/2/19
Sunshine State
drew4392 did you decide to keep them and you are happy with them? My TD told me VF (former V6F) is better and they are now on V2 - I wonder if your version was the first one and now it is slimmer. Cannot make up my mind :(