• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Leather, most GEN leather strap on a REP Panerai ?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Guys, what factory offers the absolute best leather strap on their REPs?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
i think custom strap is the only way to get decent stuff in a affordable price

Reactions: johnlogan

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
There were some Asso straps that were very good -- not gen comparable, but respectable. There was also straps that came on the first few batches of 569s and 382s that were pretty decent.

I wouldn't hold out for consistency or a marked improvement any time soon though. I also wouldn't be surprised if half are horse or dog leather. There are many great strap makers here and on Panaristi forums that will get you exactly what you want and do it at a relatively affordable price. Orloff, Simona, Kain, Strap Culture, Bond Straps, WatchAcc, Gunny, SNPR, Bakeka, etc. -- even Panatime or ZicZac. There are tons to choose from ...

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
There were some Asso straps that were very good -- not gen comparable, but respectable. There was also straps that came on the first few batches of 569s and 382s that were pretty decent.

I wouldn't hold out for consistency or a marked improvement any time soon though. I also wouldn't be surprised if half are horse or dog leather. There are many great strap makers here and on Panaristi forums that will get you exactly what you want and do it at a relatively affordable price. Orloff, Simona, Kain, Strap Culture, Bond Straps, WatchAcc, Gunny, SNPR, Bakeka, etc. -- even Panatime or ZicZac. There are tons to choose from ...

Great insight, thanks for sharing.

AznPhelo

Horology Curious
11/5/09
California

I understand that quality varies by maker/seller, but what would be your suggested price range be when looking for a quality third party strap? Over/under/around $100?

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

This strap dont look half bad! Probably dog or cat skin...

erekose

Renowned Member
Supporter
13/2/12
Tokyo
If you want a good looking gen like strap check out waccex. They have Bob/Rios straps that are very close. Rios makes some of the gen straps for Panerai.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
If you want a good looking gen like strap check out waccex. They have Bob/Rios straps that are very close. Rios makes some of the gen straps for Panerai.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Value add, thx

Poonfluff

Known Member
4/4/18
Alberta, Canada
I had the same question in mind a week ago for my PAM187. I settled with a thick, custom deer leather strap. Will post it upon arrival.

Bananlaksen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/17
Just got the 688. The strap is in the nicer end of repstraps and looks really good. However it is still crap and changed it

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
There are no good rep straps really.

hackkakid

18/1/19
Merica
I usually rock my 688 on an Orloff Nubuck Crocodile

20190820-102016.jpg