• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A new 6152/1 dotted LP

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
A new dotted dial 6152/1

Let's proceed swiftly with the few new projects I completed in the past few months.

The watch in question here is a new version of the LP dotted 6152/1 I already built twice a few moons ago.
A friend asked me to build one for him and what I did was building one that looks actually even better than my old one :)

This build is based on the new NW case set, I just posted another build using the same case, but I'll repeat it for good measure: this case is a major improvement over the old case set. Lugs, midcase, bezel, crystal height, crownguard slots, inner dimensions, everything has been reviewed and perfected.

For this build I needed a dial to be cut, painted and lumed, plus I needed a backplate to be the right thickness in order to make the whole dial assembly 1.6mm thick exactly.
The right guy for the task was Belikin12. He helped me greatly with my LPMM dial from SD andproved himself to be a really skilled painter, other than a friend and a gentleman :)
He just matched perfectly the reference I showed him and he also put dial feet on the backplate so everything fitted perfectly.

The use of Davidsen's awesome Cal. 618 movement allowed me to install a display caseback.

Finally, the strap. This is a strap from Betmen (Manifatture Serioso for those who don't know him) and it's simply one of the best straps that passed through my collector's hands. Just fantastic.

Some more pics:

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed the pics :)

Reactions: Rufctr2

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I've stayed away from HF but this is magnificent workmanship and combinations of dial strap and case
Bravo sir

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
Bravo another tasteful masterpiece! Those movements are really a game changer.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Bravo another tasteful masterpiece! Those movements are really a game changer.

I totally agree, it's an awesome looking movement with the great 6497 reliability

Nick_B

Known Member
7/7/18
That's extremely impressive, kilowattore. Love the movement and the strap, as well as the patination mojo. FWIW, I've just bought one of your builds, and judging from this, maybe not the last.

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Incredible ability to keep creating this gorgeous watches. As said, the movement looks great. Did you modify NW's case?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Incredible ability to keep creating this gorgeous watches. As said, the movement looks great. Did you modify NW's case?

Just some minor retouching, it's really a great case.

ihs0yz

14/12/15
Malaysia
With that movement I may have to seriously consider getting myself a 6152/1 built. Are the dial feet position the same as with 6497?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
With that movement I may have to seriously consider getting myself a 6152/1 built. Are the dial feet position the same as with 6497?

Yes, as the main plate is 6497. Only the bridges have been modified.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
I love the signs that you make on bezel!
Your work adds to my watch culture and shaping my taste.

Ottimo lavoro!