• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 505 VSF V6F or ZF

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
I am looking to get into the PAM game and I really like the 505. I saw debates between Zfac and KW but there is also a VSF which is the most expensive model. Is the VSF a newer fac/model? Does anyone have this watch to compare or are there any comparisons?

Any advice on which models are best is appreciated.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The only improvement the VSF brings to the table is just the P.9000 movement correct balance wheel location @7. But it is not the superclone movement with gen functions. The dial itself is okay but the lume is not as patinated (brown) as the pictures of the gen dial.

cometome

Known Member
20/9/15
The only improvement the VSF brings to the table is just the P.9000 movement correct balance wheel location @7. But it is not the superclone movement with gen functions. The dial itself is okay but the lume is not as patinated (brown) as the pictures of the gen dial.

Thanks for your response, I think the extra cost is not worth it in that case. The case colors of all three look more purple then the gen but I have read it is because of digital cameras color balance.

Could you suggest kw or zf?

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thanks for your response, I think the extra cost is not worth it in that case. The case colors of all three look more purple then the gen but I have read it is because of digital cameras color balance.

Could you suggest kw or zf?

Sent from the RWI App

The PAM Reference Guide states that both are first class reps so one is not that much better than the other. But there may be one quality that can decide which you should buy, and that is availability. These KW and ZF watches were from 2-3 years ago. Plus KW already renamed itself into V6F and now split into XF and VSF so KW watches might no longer be available. Check with your TD.