• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

pam 382 v2 incoming

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Updated movement, the screws are now more close to gen (95% accuracy < suggested by the factory)
B6606_A5_F_869_B_4_A14_9_DD4_C400109_BADC2.jpg

elzac

Known Member
7/12/10
finally .... i ve been holding on my 382 purchase ....

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I hope it wont be too long now to wait for the updated v2.

puretime any news ?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Updated movement, the screws are now more close to gen (95% accuracy < suggested by the factory)
B6606_A5_F_869_B_4_A14_9_DD4_C400109_BADC2.jpg

Can anybody interpret the last comment on the marker? First comment is on the independent hour adjust and the other functions as per gen. The second comment is on the date, where it cannot be adjusted quickly but will move with the time adjust (as far as I can tell). The third comment has me stumped as I'm not sure what's 1:1 about the new markers.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Can anybody interpret the last comment on the marker? First comment is on the independent hour adjust and the other functions as per gen. The second comment is on the date, where it cannot be adjusted quickly but will move with the time adjust (as far as I can tell). The third comment has me stumped as I'm not sure what's 1:1 about the new markers.

Upgraded features:
1. The colour on the bronze will change over time
2. The aesthetics and functionality of the movement is 1:1 as gen
3. The bezel marker has been improved

Reactions: johnlogan

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Upgraded features:
1. The colour on the bronze will change over time
2. The aesthetics and functionality of the movement is 1:1 as gen
3. The bezel marker has been improved

I see. Thanks! My comments:
1. Is not an upgraded feature, the very first Bronzo already was made of CuSn6Zn1, which is very close to the CuSn8 of the gen. Unless there is independent proof that it is using a Bronze alloy with a closer composition, they cannot make this claim.
2. Gen function is indeed an upgrade for this watch.
3. I don't see any improvement from the previous versions in terms of appearance. "the bezel marker has been improved" is too general a comment to describe an upgrade.

Anyway, for those who have not been buying the PAM382 because of one reason or another, this is certainly a good time to be getting one. Now if the factories can get to repping the PAM507 properly. :D

Reactions: nalomb

elzac

Known Member
7/12/10
cant wait ... didnt see the TDs posting this yet

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
cant wait ... didnt see the TDs posting this yet

Well honestly, we can't even be sure if this version is already released. If you think the image of the watch is like the gen, it's because whoever made that used a gen image. That is not a picture of the rep.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Well honestly, we can't even be sure if this version is already released. If you think the image of the watch is like the gen, it's because whoever made that used a gen image. That is not a picture of the rep.

Let me upload some photos of the watch
xJANq7u.jpg

XQ7MMZg.jpg

gprn2yU.jpg

BO03q2G.jpg

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I see. Thanks! My comments:
1. Is not an upgraded feature, the very first Bronzo already was made of CuSn6Zn1, which is very close to the CuSn8 of the gen. Unless there is independent proof that it is using a Bronze alloy with a closer composition, they cannot make this claim.
2. Gen function is indeed an upgrade for this watch.
3. I don't see any improvement from the previous versions in terms of appearance. "the bezel marker has been improved" is too general a comment to describe an upgrade.

Anyway, for those who have not been buying the PAM382 because of one reason or another, this is certainly a good time to be getting one. Now if the factories can get to repping the PAM507 properly. :D

#1 : I never saw a rep with the same kind of patina of my gen Helson Shark Diver. The rep always become darker and darker and it worse if you swim in the soft water instead of the sea. I often sea light brown Bronzo case imho.

The Helson (updated) use a true CuSn8 case. The Bronze can develop green patina but after three month in contact with the sea (1 or 2 times a week), the case has still the bronze shining and now the green oxide is here.

f1af553c9117e4b3b7f74cb8bd41cd83.jpg

If the updated bronzo use the same kind of metal, it will be a great improvement imho, and it wont be too difficult to show/see it.

reppists where did you find the picts pls. Do you know a td that can source it ? I would like to have it before the end of the summer because i wont swim in the sea at the end of the year only to see if the patina is coming :) !

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
#1 : I never saw a rep with the same kind of patina of my gen Helson Shark Diver. The rep always become darker and darker and it worse if you swim in the soft water instead of the sea. I often sea light brown Bronzo case imho.

The Helson (updated) use a true CuSn8 case. The Bronze can develop green patina but after three month in contact with the sea (1 or 2 times a week), the case has still the bronze shining and now the green oxide is here.

f1af553c9117e4b3b7f74cb8bd41cd83.jpg

If the updated bronzo use the same kind of metal, it will be a great improvement imho, and it wont be too difficult to show/see it.

reppists where did you find the picts pls. Do you know a td that can source it ? I would like to have it before the end of the summer because i wont swim in the sea at the end of the year only to see if the patina is coming :) !

I can source the model but I don’t sell and ship it internationally, other TDS should have it soon

elzac

Known Member
7/12/10

Agree with you on this bro ... that's often one of the prc sellers gimmicks... Even for other items ie branded bags or clothing, i can see them posting pics they took from gen boutiques and declaring its their stock.

nonetheless im still looking forward for the V2 ..... really waited for months thinking a new version will appear

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
We need a 507 in the worst way. Hopefully this gets us closer ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
We need a 507 in the worst way. Hopefully this gets us closer ...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Let's just hope the factory does not deliver in the worst way. They already did it once with the extraneous (but apparently working) date change button on the side.:lol:

Reactions: Desmomonstro