• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Repairs by puretime

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Hi guys I bought a Pam about 3 weeks ago. Now suffering from noisy rotor. One of the screw also came lose and stuck in the watch. Now it’s stopped working.

How quick is puretime with repairs. Wonder if i bother shipping it back or not.

41e2cc9501499bb23052b445083e2d87.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Do not ship it back to China. Find someone local to you who can repair it, or use a trusted member of the forum to get it sorted.

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Sorry too late. Why not?

Cause the package is going to be checked again and there is a possibility to be sized, lost or stolen.
Even if it arrive at TD, repairs and service its not a highlighted service in their shop
like in any other bargain shop.
So if everything goes fine, you will have to wait and risk again for the watch to be send back...

All of this for two (?) hours work in your local watch smith...

Everyone that likes its' watch need his own watch smith to keep it in good shape, to teach him many things etc.
Doesn't matter if it's a Gen, rep, boutique, mechanical or quartz. Its always a small built that needs its' mechanic-curator.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Sorry too late. Why not?

Because taking the screw out and putting it back where it should be will take a watch smith 10 minutes, sending it back to China will take 2 months, or more.

Reactions: trailboss99

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
That's a head scratcher. I mean asking in the forum and then in barely less than 24 hours you get a reply but you still sent out the watch. I guess you're open to waiting. I just hope you followed the instructions on how to ship back to a tee.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
ouch,....shipping back to CN, repairing, shipping back to buyer....that can take a while besides all the risk of customs again.

pechspils

4/9/16
Not to mention the scratch marks the underpaid noob leaves on the case when he tries to fix it.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Not to mention the scratch marks the underpaid noob leaves on the case when he tries to fix it.

I've read horror stories of gen watches being damaged by non-AD professional watchmakers plus not everything that's been sent back had that issue when it was returned. The main issue here is the wait and the huge potential for customs seizure, especially when one does not follow the instructions exactly. Good thing my only warranty claim was sent from China to China so no customs checking. Next day delivery, although it took two weeks to get it back to my location in China (main delay was the factory, once it was in the Puretime's hands, one day back to me).

pechspils

4/9/16
What I wrote was a real life example that happened with this rep dealer. Got it settled thanks to RWI.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
where are you located? if it is in my area I will fix it for free...

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
What I wrote was a real life example that happened with this rep dealer. Got it settled thanks to RWI.

Which is again not common. TDs should make good on something if it goes wrong. That's why they're called TDs. :)

Last edited:

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
where are you located? if it is in my area I will fix it for free...

Sydney australia watch servicing starts at 800 aud more than a new watch. I’m not left with much choice.

Appreciate all the advice I guess it’ll be a lesson I guess. I need to get my hands dirty and learn how to do it myself.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Sydney australia watch servicing starts at 800 aud more than a new watch. I’m not left with much choice.

Appreciate all the advice I guess it’ll be a lesson I guess. I need to get my hands dirty and learn how to do it myself.

I've just read an article on how luxury watch manfuacturers are killing off small scale watchmakers by depriving them of spare parts. That sucks. But that would mean if you ever need to repair something that's out of your level of expertise, you would have to send the watch outside of Australia to get it fixed?

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement

Next time send it to a watchsmith in the US - the customs are very loose between the two countries and if on the West Coast of the US takes about a week.

Reactions: Maron

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
I've just read an article on how luxury watch manfuacturers are killing off small scale watchmakers by depriving them of spare parts. That sucks. But that would mean if you ever need to repair something that's out of your level of expertise, you would have to send the watch outside of Australia to get it fixed?

I can’t imagine how much you would spend. I’ve got a gen omega that’s broken. The cost of fixing it could be more than a new omega here in Sydney.

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
just an update apparently the watch was sent back to the factory. I'm actually glad it's gone back hopefully they'll just replace the whole thing and give me a new watch.

Reactions: uphoto

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
just an update apparently the watch was sent back to the factory. I'm actually glad it's gone back hopefully they'll just replace the whole thing and give me a new watch.

I would expect the factory to replace the movement than replace the whole watch. But you never know. :)

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
I would expect the factory to replace the movement than replace the whole watch. But you never know. :)

Yes I'm not holding my breath on that one. Just give me a working watch in the next 4 weeks and I'll be damn happy.