• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 616 - Issues?

Piggin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/17
Hi All

I just received a PAM 616 from a dealer & it looks lovely.
I checked it over & its a lovely example (its the new version with the new P9000 movement).
I then set about setting it to the correct date/time etc.
This is where the problems start(I think). I pull down the release arm, pull out the winder to position one & turn the winder clockwise to add days to the date wheel. When turning the wheel the hour hand turns & once this has gone through 24hrs the date goes on by one day (this is not always constant & the hour hand does stop/not move on when turning the winder). When you pull the winder out to position two you can change the time as normal.
So the question is, is this normal?
I have had a few other PAM's & you pull out the winder to position one & the date wheel turns as you expect & then pull out to position two the time is set.
Is this the normal way of setting the date on this movement as I find setting the data a right PITA this way.

Any help greatfully appreciated

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The latest PAM616 has the P.9000 movement which copies the gen function. That means position one is not a date setting like the old A7750 or the clone P.9000. This is an independent hour hand adjust like the gen. The only way to change it is like what your said, move the hour hand until the date changes to your desired date.

TLDR: It's normal.

Reactions: Piggin and capice

Piggin

4/6/17
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this to me.
I thought it could be a n00b question when I asked it but I couldn't find any information that definitively gave me an answer & the only way I know how to gain the knowledge is by asking the question.
As for the watch, I am loving it. It's been on my wrist for the last few days & a number of people have commented on it.

kebu

12/7/16
I had the same problem when i first received mine then realised its normal lol

just inconvenient if not wearing alot

enjoy!

Piggin

4/6/17
Getting lots of usage at the moment but I have purchased a few watches in the last month so will have to go into rotation with the others.

Vinnyd

Horology Curious
29/5/18
Is it true the movement on the PAM 616 is loud & rattles?

Thanks

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Nice if you travel a lot, not so nice if you have a lot of watches. Get yourself a winder for these quick set hour pieces.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Is it true the movement on the PAM 616 is loud & rattles?

Thanks

Yes, and no. There have been reports of the rotor being noisy but for the most part the movement is not loud.

Piggin

4/6/17
Obviously I am not an expert (can't even set the date) the movement is quiet but you can tell that the rota makes a little noise.
However you are only aware of this is the watch is close to your ear (don't think anyone will ever say whats that noise but they will say thats a nice watch)