• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM292 V6 | Ceramic Case Chip

nick168fng

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/16
Hi all,

I had recently discovered a small chip on my PAM292 case. I tried scrubbing it off with no luck and the color appears to be light greyish. Is the V6 case supposed to be full ceramic or merely ceramic coated?

Thanks.

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Full ceramic. Not possible to polish it out.

nick168fng

13/10/16
The chip did expose a lighter color tone. Is it possible that the case is just a ceramic coated?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The chip did expose a lighter color tone. Is it possible that the case is just a ceramic coated?

A picture would help to possibly determine the composition of the case underneath. Sometimes descriptions won't cut it (or in this case chip it). :)

nick168fng

13/10/16
Yes, please refer to the image below.

Chip_1.jpg

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Yes, please refer to the image below.

Chip_1.jpg

Looks like a thin chip. It's ceramic. It's properties are similar to rock so it would chip/crack and not dent/bend like stainless steel. The appearance is not the same underneath the surface that has been worked on.

nick168fng

13/10/16
Thanks for the prompt reply. Ouch, this would be a permanent scar? Has anyone tried using sharpie? :wacko:

GIMMESUMREPLICAS

25/5/13
Thanks for the prompt reply. Ouch, this would be a permanent scar? Has anyone tried using sharpie? :wacko:

If you can find one in the same or at least very close color tone, then I don't see why you woulndn't try it. From what it appears, the chip seems to be off-white color and it is quite visible.

nick168fng

13/10/16
It's actually closer to a light silver alloy color. I guess there's only one way to find out.