• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has the best.....Panerai 382? In the mood for some bronzo!

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Hello!

Could anyone point me in to the right direction which 382 is the current most best release yet?

Appreciate it.

tommikeson

24/10/14
I'm pretty sure that the current consensus is the VSF. I purchased one earlier in the year and I am very happy. However, it is technically not a super rep and I think the reason may be because of the location of the balance wheel. I personally think it is very close to gen though.

welfare-watch-guy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/18
I'm pretty sure that the current consensus is the VSF. I purchased one earlier in the year and I am very happy. However, it is technically not a super rep and I think the reason may be because of the location of the balance wheel. I personally think it is very close to gen though.

Is this the one you mean? I'm really considering this watch after watching the video linked below. I don't know if its close enough for super rep status but it's a damn nice looking rep to my newby eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7UzDMf3A0A

Also, I'd love to see a real bronze rep of that gorgeous IWC featured in the video.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Anyone with opinion on how close the bronze with the blue face is? https://puretime.io/watch-brands/pan...p-9010-v2.html I have been eyeing this one for a while, but haven't seen any good reviews. I know the green is a better rep, but - I like blue.. I additionally like the Ti version with the blue as well - but once again - no real info, or reviews.

Well I posted a review on the PAM671 and an info thread on the PAM719 Pole2Pole (I presume that's the PAM with the blue dial), so I guess they weren't good enough. :lol:

But for all the others who might be looking for something to pass the time.:)
{*PCTeam*} Comparison and Review : ZF PAM671 and XF PAM671 V2
{*PCTeam*} PAM719 Mike Horn SE

Reactions: mskwatch

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
Well I posted a review on the PAM671 and an info thread on the PAM719 Pole2Pole (I presume that's the PAM with the blue dial), so I guess they weren't good enough. :lol:

But for all the others who might be looking for something to pass the time.:)
{*PCTeam*} Comparison and Review : ZF PAM671 and XF PAM671 V2
{*PCTeam*} PAM719 Mike Horn SE

Clearly - i am mistaken - so i apologize - but the searching of the various versions is so cryptic now with the 2 million versions of the same thing..
Thanks for the links.. I appreciate it..

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
I would be willing to lend my help and organize the reviews if there was some way of knowing who did the "final" version review of the actual final version.. lol ? I suggested this be added to the NWBIG, and the SuperRep list, but i guess i was the only one that felt it was a good idea, lol.. Anyone that can provide me with the information necessary to make this happen please pm me with the starting point. I am more than willing and capable of making this a excellent resource for everyone.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I would be willing to lend my help and organize the reviews if there was some way of knowing who did the "final" version review of the actual final version.. lol ? I suggested this be added to the NWBIG, and the SuperRep list, but i guess i was the only one that felt it was a good idea, lol.. Anyone that can provide me with the information necessary to make this happen please pm me with the starting point. I am more than willing and capable of making this a excellent resource for everyone.

Organize what exactly?

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
Organize what exactly?

The final reviews that promoted each model to the NWBIG and Super Rep list. Basically make the text on the nwbig / superep list a hyperlink that brings you to the corresponding review of promotion - or - it could also be a link to a different list of reviews for that model in chronological order

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The final reviews that promoted each model to the NWBIG and Super Rep list. Basically make the text on the nwbig / superep list a hyperlink that brings you to the corresponding review of promotion - or - it could also be a link to a different list of reviews for that model in chronological order

It's called the "Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection or affectionally called the PAM Bible and granted it's in need of an update (and we can't move on it until the forum system is fixed because it might mess up the links again like what's happening now) but it already exists. The mother of all reference lists and IMHO, something all other brands hope to have. That's where all the other lists like the NWBIG that include PAMs are referencing to. We don't see the need to provide links as that approach cannot be applied; we use more than one link to explain the review on each model listed there. You want to know why a model is in the NWBIG? Read the PAM bible and see for yourself. :)

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
It's called the "Reference PAM REVIEW-GUIDE" - Replica Search, Identification, Evaluation & Selection or affectionally called the PAM Bible and granted it's in need of an update (and we can't move on it until the forum system is fixed because it might mess up the links again like what's happening now) but it already exists. The mother of all reference lists and IMHO, something all other brands hope to have. That's where all the other lists like the NWBIG that include PAMs are referencing to. We don't see the need to provide links as that approach cannot be applied; we use more than one link to explain the review on each model listed there. You want to know why a model is in the NWBIG? Read the PAM bible and see for yourself. :)

Well, if it's not available - how can it be used as a resource? Do you have a link?

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Well, if it's not available - how can it be used as a resource? Do you have a link?

Why not staying on the humble side and trying to use your own eyes? ALE's guide is among the stickies in this very PAM section, not that it can be considered as hidden or something which would require and exceptional effort to be found. Have a look at it, you'll be amazed. And talk about it with respect, ALE has put YEARS of work to study an evaluation system, gather all existing reviews and elaborate them in a way that's usable for everyone. It has not been updated in a while, true, but not much happened since its last update either.

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
Why not staying on the humble side and trying to use your own eyes? ALE's guide is among the stickies in this very PAM section, not that it can be considered as hidden or something which would require and exceptional effort to be found. Have a look at it, you'll be amazed. And talk about it with respect, ALE has put YEARS of work to study an evaluation system, gather all existing reviews and elaborate them in a way that's usable for everyone. It has not been updated in a while, true, but not much happened since its last update either.

Thanks for the information - I did not see it initially as i was only scrolling by looking at the latest activity button - and searching the forum would not pull it up - I do see it in the sticky and have been reading - Thanks again.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks for the information - I did not see it initially as i was only scrolling by looking at the latest activity button - and searching the forum would not pull it up - I do see it in the sticky and have been reading - Thanks again.

You're welcome :)
sorry if I stepped in a bit heavy handed, but I did study that guide and know how much effort it meant, I think it's something to be really proud of.