• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF PAM 441/438 V2 reviews & comparisons

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I guess you can try another TD. That's what I did (I bought a V2 VSF PAM441 together w/ a ceramic bracelet (for PAM 438))

Yep. It's nice to have a go-to TD for your regular purchases but if they can't come through for you, I doubt they'll take it against you if you buy from another one. It's a business after all. You can always buy another watch from your regular TD in the future. :)

sanespada

Horology Curious
26/1/17
Yep. It's nice to have a go-to TD for your regular purchases but if they can't come through for you, I doubt they'll take it against you if you buy from another one. It's a business after all. You can always buy another watch from your regular TD in the future. :)
????... Good idea, but nobody have this bracelet now... ????

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
The bracelet is a special offer for the people who purchase the watch when it was released, that’s why you don’t get them anymore.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
????... Good idea, but nobody have this bracelet now... ????

Which TDs did you ask?

The bracelet is a special offer for the people who purchase the watch when it was released, that’s why you don’t get them anymore.

Simply not true. Anyone could buy the PAM438 bracelet alone, long after the release of the PAM438. Some buyers didn't even own a PAM438, they owned the PAM441 but they wanted the look of the PAM438 without buying another watch. Maybe the TD only required that you buy a watch when buying the bracelet like what happened to celestial as it's the policy of some TDs but there are TDs now where you could buy parts without buying anything else.

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Which TDs did you ask?

Simply not true. Anyone could buy the PAM438 bracelet alone, long after the release of the PAM438. Some buyers didn't even own a PAM438, they owned the PAM441 but they wanted the look of the PAM438 without buying another watch. Maybe the TD only required that you buy a watch when buying the bracelet like what happened to celestial as it's the policy of some TDs but there are TDs now where you could buy parts without buying anything else.

no I mean when VSF pam 441 was released, bracelet and leather strap are come together with the watch for free so you can turn the watch into either 441/438, but the free offer was ended which means now it only comes with either bracelet or leather strap only.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
no I mean when VSF pam 441 was released, bracelet and leather strap are come together with the watch for free so you can turn the watch into either 441/438, but the free offer was ended which means now it only comes with either bracelet or leather strap only.

Also incorrect. When the PAM441 was released, there was no free bracelet.Maybe you're misremembering. When the PAM438 was released, there was a free Assolutamente strap. It would be foolish and costly for the factory to cannibalize the PAM438 sales by giving away a ceramica bracelet for free.A customer could easily sell the bracelet and recoup maybe $80-$100 from their purchase if that were true. An Asso strap in comparison would only be $20-$25. You would not be cannibalizing sales of the PAM441 because when you bought a PAM438 you essentially bought a PAM441 with a bracelet (which is why I always recommend buying a bracelet version instead of the strap equipped one like in the case of the PAM328/PAM312)..

Reactions: whitegold

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Also incorrect. When the PAM441 was released, there was no free bracelet.Maybe you're misremembering. When the PAM438 was released, there was a free Assolutamente strap. It would be foolish and costly for the factory to cannibalize the PAM438 sales by giving away a ceramica bracelet for free.A customer could easily sell the bracelet and recoup maybe $80-$100 from their purchase if that were true. An Asso strap in comparison would only be $20-$25. You would not be cannibalizing sales of the PAM441 because when you bought a PAM438 you essentially bought a PAM441 with a bracelet (which is why I always recommend buying a bracelet version instead of the strap equipped one like in the case of the PAM328/PAM312)..

My bad, it's actually when you bought pam 438 it comes with a leather strap for free (not pam 441), I just mixed up with the numbers lol.
UdPod7W.jpg

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
My bad, it's actually when you bought pam 438 it comes with a leather strap for free (not pam 441), I just mixed up with the numbers lol.
UdPod7W.jpg

Like I said, you misremembered it. And the PAM438 bracelet is available for purchase separately from a dealer (not trusted here but on RWG), without any required watch purchase , I checked. :)

sanespada

Horology Curious
26/1/17
Thank you very much. I will try with other TD.

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
Hi Guys is this VSF v2 the latest version and most accurate so far replica of the 438 right? I’m in love with the Tuttonero, but i’d Like to add a leather bracelet too to be more comfortable, for what I can understand I can simply buy the 441 bracelet (or another I like) and add it personally. Is there a simplified way to change bracelet?

I’m a noob trying to enter in the replica world, so please excuse me if my questions are dumb for you.

How do you will judge this replica an highgrade replica? And in your experience there are other Panerai rep. that were more accurate?
Latest question, I promise. :)
I would like to buy from kuvarsit, but there are two different sites, one with 01 in the link and one kuvarsitwatch.cz/ is the same vendor ? How and where do you suggest to buy, credit cards are safe ?

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi Guys is this VSF v2 the latest version and most accurate so far replica of the 438 right? I’m in love with the Tuttonero, but i’d Like to add a leather bracelet too to be more comfortable, for what I can understand I can simply buy the 441 bracelet (or another I like) and add it personally. Is there a simplified way to change bracelet?

I’m a noob trying to enter in the replica world, so please excuse me if my questions are dumb for you.

How do you will judge this replica an highgrade replica? And in your experience there are other Panerai rep. that were more accurate?
Latest question, I promise. :)
I would like to buy from kuvarsit, but there are two different sites, one with 01 in the link and one kuvarsitwatch.cz/ is the same vendor ? How and where do you suggest to buy, credit cards are safe ?

1. 1.6mm screw driver, easy enough to do. Unscrew the lug bars, remove bracelet, put strap on, re-insert lug bars, tighten using screw driver. You can buy one that is especially designed for Panerai (specially shaped tip) from Panatime.
https://www.panatime.com/scexoemcocue.html

2. Kuvarsit is not a TD here. Even if you buy from the legit site if you encounter problems with them you are on your own. I suggest just sticking to the TDs here. Or sign up at RWG where Kuvarsit is a TD, and you can find out what their website is. Buy from any TD, they can source anything Kuvarsit can. They are all dealers they don't make the watches.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Hi guys. I recently bought a used VSF Pam 441 v2 from a local seller. Can anyone help me identify weather is it from vsf factory and is it the version 2. I swapped out the leather strap for a rubber strap. I did some research on the movement from according to this thread and i believe its from vsf v2. Just wanna confirm this purchase for assurance. Thanks guys !

OOBTq.jpg

OXZU6.jpg

OX640.jpg

OXWGF.jpg

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I am also able to change the date using the single hour hand.

If you can move the hour hand independently, the GMT is 24 hours and you can't quickset the date using the crown, then it is a V2.

Maralc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/20
Thanks. Which TD?

I have one and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk