• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM688 VSF VS Gen

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Xilikon That looks fucking sweet. I’d love to see some pics in the sunlight if you get a chance anytime soon. I am looking to get a gmt but I think the 688 might be too small for me. I have the 904 and I was just going to sell it too but I think I might hold on to it and see if it takes. If I can get used to the size, may go for this. It looks great. The only issue is the date and I think half of my issues might just be lightning (date font).

Xilikon

20/8/19
Here’s one in the sun as asked @@hazing

j23Ho.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
That looks realllly nice. I like the colored, sunburst Panerai dials a lot. How’s the weight?

I use the 904 as a dress watch. I’ve tried to wear it casually but it’s just so light that I find myself continuing to check my wrist. I just ordered another strap for it that is a little bulkier and distressed so I’m hoping that lets me feel it casually with more comfort.

I also just saw the VS Pam 320 is available. I’m thinking about ordering that to fill my need for a GMT but the fact that it is 44mm even has me hesitating. I really like the 47. Don’t mind me. I’m just rambling now.

Xilikon

20/8/19
It has some weight being a superclone and I can really feel it.

PAM320 is what I initially wanted to get but just won that PAM688 in a raffle and with the sunburst dial, it’s great for me and size is right for a dress watch. I will just change the strap as it looks cheap as many others reported.

Speaking of strap, I wonder about 22mm leather straps with deployment clasp so are there good places to find those ?

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Can anyone please share the information whether the 688 rep does also feature the second hand reset via the crown? Obviously not a big deal if not, but would be cool if it does.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Can anyone please share the information whether the 688 rep does also feature the second hand reset via the crown? Obviously not a big deal if not, but would be cool if it does.

Unfortunately not. There is no feature for the GMT. The GMT hand just follows the hour hand when one set the time.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Anyone know if the PAM689 will be repped?

CybNoX

23/5/15
Unfortunately not. There is no feature for the GMT. The GMT hand just follows the hour hand when one set the time.

Not entirely sure what you meant - Are you referring to the GMT hour hand or?

if yes, it’s a working GMT where one can set the hand independently as home time.

hushhush was asking if the second hands in the sub dial reset while adjusting time. No, it doesn’t

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Not entirely sure what you meant - Are you referring to the GMT hour hand or?

if yes, it’s a working GMT where one can set the hand independently as home time.

hushhush was asking if the second hands in the sub dial reset while adjusting time. No, it doesn’t

Exactly, thanks!

odonreps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
I have both. The gen is more blue-green, the rep more blue-purple. The crown attachment is slightly different and the power reserve on the rep is not functional. Otherwise an amazing rep.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I have both. The gen is more blue-green, the rep more blue-purple. The crown attachment is slightly different and the power reserve on the rep is not functional. Otherwise an amazing rep.

You mean the red indicator under the xtal caseback? The power reserve on mine is outstanding.

Simonix

7/3/20
UK

I received my VSF PAM688 today.
definite sunburst dial. Hands are rose gold that appear more “pink” than the gen photos I have seen.

all in all though, I think it looks fantastic in the flesh. The rep strap leaves somewhat to be desired though.

Reactions: mrsullivan

mac83

9/7/13
So is this the best panerai with a blue dial right now?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
So is this the best panerai with a blue dial right now?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

No, VSF PAM719 v3 and PAM692 are much better.
I’d also take Pam690 (SF or ZF) over 688.

Klaus Klum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/4/20

I received my VSF PAM688 today.
definite sunburst dial. Hands are rose gold that appear more “pink” than the gen photos I have seen.

all in all though, I think it looks fantastic in the flesh. The rep strap leaves somewhat to be desired though.

wow! congrats

Reactions: Simonix