• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any reviews on the PAM 616 Carbotech V3 VSF yet?

fccs

Known Member
28/8/11
Waiting still for a review to come out comparing this new v3 to the others. Any idea if anyone got their hands on one yet? Thanks

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
V6F V1 - 2-layer carbotech, A7750/ST2555 decorated to look like a P.9000
ZF V1 - 2-layer carbotech, A7750/ST2555 decorated to look like a P.9000, blue lume
VSF V2 - 3-layer carbotech, P.9000 movement (balance wheel @7)
VSF V3 - 3-layer carbotech, P.9000 clone movement (balance wheel @7, gen function)

Any questions?

fccs

Known Member
28/8/11
V6F V1 - 2-layer carbotech, A7750/ST2555 decorated to look like a P.9000
ZF V1 - 2-layer carbotech, A7750/ST2555 decorated to look like a P.9000, blue lume
VSF V2 - 3-layer carbotech, P.9000 movement (balance wheel @7)
VSF V3 - 3-layer carbotech, P.9000 clone movement (balance wheel @7, gen function)

Any questions?

Well yea I mean't like any detailed reviews with pictures in comparison to if it's worth it for the v3?

kebu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/16
Hi keen to know as well. Got pricing from sead, not cheap so would be good if anyone know.

fccs

Known Member
28/8/11
Hi keen to know as well. Got pricing from sead, not cheap so would be good if anyone know.

It would seem the v3 is def, the best option at moment. I would just like to see someone who got it in hands with pictures compared to gen or v2

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Well, there wasnt a detailed V1 vs V2 comparrison, so I wouldnt hold your breath.

I have a VSF V2 its very much a novelty rather than a daily wear. A nice peice though.

but I thought the V3 had a 4 layer carbotech?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Well yea I mean't like any detailed reviews with pictures in comparison to if it's worth it for the v3?

Worth is really relative, it depends on what you have and what you want. If you have a V1 and would like it to look more accurate, or have a V2 and would like to have the gen functions, or you don't have a carbotech yet then the V3 is worth it. You can always sell off the old version to recoup some of that investment to others who don't mind the flaws. Personally, I have the V1 and was considering even the V2 when it came out. Fortunately I held off on the purchase and now we have a V3. So now it's just a matter of funds. :)

Well, there wasnt a detailed V1 vs V2 comparrison, so I wouldnt hold your breath.

I have a VSF V2 its very much a novelty rather than a daily wear. A nice peice though.

but I thought the V3 had a 4 layer carbotech?

I would say at least 3 layers until I get a watch on hand. The good thing with the newer case is that the layering seems to be more varied in terms of thickness so it looks like it has more than 3.

celestial

29/11/17
I'd love to see the QC and reviews, too... From TD's sites, I still can't tell whether it's an upgraded (ie. V2) P9000 or not. Unless there are 2 versions of VSP9000 (one w/ gen function and updated decoration like the movement used in Pam498, and the other has the gen function but old decoration; https://puretime05.com/pam616-carbo...p-9000-super-clone-v3-free-leather-strap.html), it does not seem like a new version to me.

I mentioned in another thread, the carbotech pattern of the bezel looks nice, but not the one used for the case and the CG, as the carbotech used in the CG/case look 2-layered.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'd love to see the QC and reviews, too... From TD's sites, I still can't tell whether it's an upgraded (ie. V2) P9000 or not. Unless there are 2 versions of VSP9000 (one w/ gen function and updated decoration like the movement used in Pam498, and the other has the gen function but old decoration; https://puretime05.com/pam616-carbo...p-9000-super-clone-v3-free-leather-strap.html), it does not seem like a new version to me.

I mentioned in another thread, the carbotech pattern of the bezel looks nice, but not the one used for the case and the CG, as the carbotech used in the CG/case look 2-layered.

The bezel is probably the most visible part of the watch, and they probably made a lot of the midcase/crown guards. So minimum effort/expense, maximum impact. As for the movement, I don't see the old vs new decoration. I also put the PAM389 V2 which was not released with the previous P.9000 movement without gen function. They look pretty much the same to me..

PAM616 VSF V3
pam2018031002-17.jpg

PAM498 VSF V2
pam2018012301-14.jpg

PAM389 VSF V2
pam2018031003-17.jpg

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

On the V3, its just the bezel which has the 3 layers - the case and CG only 2. I only just noticed that when I read your post. I hadn't noticed it before to be honest.

Most of the time, the effect is subtle - the watch tends to 'absorb light'. For this reason, aethetically, I would have preferred the bigger size / type of hands and indices as on the 389, as the hands and indexes on the 616 look a little lost in all that black - but thats a bit off base...

Its a interesting piece, but like I said above - very much a novelty.

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth
muiramas - In your opinion why is it a novelty? Are there that many tells to consider this a terrible rep? Also - I have been reading some bad buyer experiences with Puretime, Is there another TD - that has this in stock?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
muiramas - In your opinion why is it a novelty? Are there that many tells to consider this a terrible rep? Also - I have been reading some bad buyer experiences with Puretime, Is there another TD - that has this in stock?

Sorry, 'novelty' - watch industry term for a special edition, but like a fun / cheeky special edition - released more for the attention / press and PR value. It's a fun watch to wear on and off, but it feels like a toy because of the carbon fibre - it's no substitute for a good chunk of metal.

Any TD can get this, Puretime shift a load of watches so you'll hear more good and bad about them. My TD is Sead / Supermirrors who is sensational. I don't even bother checking the QC pics now. I wouldn't use anyone else.

kebu

12/7/16
Pulled the trigger on this.

Very happy with it. The watch is very sporty, great for casual wear. Apprently offcial pattern of the watch is random on the gen so you cant really compare. I think the main shortcomming is the weak 'line' decoration on the bezel. Maybe a little too big for small wrists. The lume is good and the seconds hand @9 works as soon as the watch is winded. Power reserve is good lasting up to 2 days. Rotor is silent, cant really hear anything.

Some pictures

https://ibb.co/gV1Sbc
20180405_122818.jpg

https://ibb.co/kkK29x
20180405_122629.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pancorjackhammer

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Pulled the trigger on this.

Very happy with it. The watch is very sporty, great for casual wear. Apprently offcial pattern of the watch is random on the gen so you cant really compare. I think the main shortcomming is the weak 'line' decoration on the bezel. Maybe a little too big for small wrists. The lume is good and the seconds hand @9 works as soon as the watch is winded. Power reserve is good lasting up to 2 days. Rotor is silent, cant really hear anything.

Some pictures

https://ibb.co/gV1Sbc
20180405_122818.jpg

https://ibb.co/kkK29x
20180405_122629.jpg

Great pictures! (fixed the post for you so people don't have to click on the links to see them. A bit of critique though, some wiping is recommended especially when taking pictures in sunlight. The crystal is marred by that mark near the LUMINOR SUBMERSIBLE text. Still thanks for sharing. :)

kebu

12/7/16
Thanks mysterio! I couldnt figure out how to get it to display like that, will try again next time. I was too excited when I received the watch so didnt wipe after taking off the protective case.

Also, i checked out the Gen today and would like to share some comparisons:

1. The pattern on the rep is quite obvious while the Gen is more subtle and have a matte feel to it.
2. The date font is a bit thicker than Gen.
3. The words Luminor Submersible text font and colour is a little different to Gen.
4. The 15,30,45 numbers on the bezel are sharper/shinier on the Gen

Im no expert, but hope this helps!

celestial

29/11/17
Thanks mysterio! I couldnt figure out how to get it to display like that, will try again next time. I was too excited when I received the watch so didnt wipe after taking off the protective case.

1. The pattern on the rep is quite obvious while the Gen is more subtle and have a matte feel to it.
3. The words Luminor Submersible text font and colour is a little different to Gen.

Many thanks for the updates and pics. From your post, I guess I was right... the 3-layered carbotech is only used in the bezel, not in the CG nor case itself...

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11

How is the clasp on the strap comfort-wise? I have a VSF/V6/Whatever 389 and it irritates the heck out of my wrist due to sharp edges inside. I took the dremel to the sides where it touches my skin and improved it somewhat, but it could be a lot better still.

kebu

12/7/16
@ celestial yeah it appears the meterial feels different on the bezel than on the case, pattern also more subtle on the case compared to the bezel

@ tr573 the rubber strap feels rather comforable, no wear marks. Then again, my wrist is very small so it doesnt fit tight so im not sure if is as comfortable when fully tighten. I do have a spare strap that came with the purchase but havent used yet. Visually, the trap looks very close to Gen (guess since its just rubber)