• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 or PAM 005

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
I am planning to add one panerai to my order. The models that I like in Panerai are PAM 005/111, 312 and 682 :) I will sure collect all of them in time (years maybe)

Now, I have a big puzzle need to be solved for my first order. It will be PAM 005 or 111. The choices are;

- PAM 005 V6F $188
- PAM 005 Noob V2 $258
- PAM 111 Noob V4 $258

All of them are same movement as far as I know. But V6F is cheaper and there is a 4 years between PAM 005 V6F and Noob V2. Moreover, PAM 111 is also same price with PAM 005 and they are more or less very same for my taste. Dial types different and 005 has luminor logo.

What are the differences as a build quality? what are the advantages/disadvantages of each one? and which one will you choose?

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
By the way, I search and read a lot. This is the conclusion I came. I have chosen models and straps that I like. This is the last puzzle I need to solve but I couldn’t find any healthy comparable results which help me to decide..

BoredPanda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/16
I was in this situation when I first started too. Long story short, I ended up with a 111.

IIRC, 005 has sausage dial and below is the gen/rep difference for sausage dial panerais (and kind of a dealbreaker for me).

Have fun! I love love sandwich dials btw and the lume is amazing. Best of any watch I have so far (also easiest to read, probably due to the simplicity of the dial).

I always go 6497 movement if possible as it's reliable and easy to fix if anything goes wrong. Cheers!

SAUSAGELUMESTRUCTUREdetailGEN-REPCOMPARISONcopiar_zps71286f01.jpg

Reactions: acozcan

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
No major differences in build quality although Noob is recognized as the most accurate case. However, the Noob 005 is no longer produced, you can only buy them from M2M. So even if it's the best if you cannot buy it, what good is it? Choose which one you like. If you like both then get the PAM111 first, as you can get it from Noob. Find a 005 from M2M or choose a different factory.

Reactions: acozcan

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
Thanks for your valuable inputs. The only thing I like about the 005 is the Luminor logo. And 005 noob v2 was listed and open to sell in Puretime. Though, I tought it is available.

Now I have decided to go with 111 v4 with black rubber strap. Than I will purchase my own leather and canvas straps.

Thanks again..

iceburn

Known Member
5/5/16
Thanks for your valuable inputs. The only thing I like about the 005 is the Luminor logo. And 005 noob v2 was listed and open to sell in Puretime. Though, I tought it is available.

Now I have decided to go with 111 v4 with black rubber strap. Than I will purchase my own leather and canvas straps.

Thanks again..
Mine to share which TD you opt yo get your 111 Noob v4? I'm looking for the same watch, thanks.

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
Mine to share which TD you opt yo get your 111 Noob v4? I'm looking for the same watch, thanks.

Puretime. They told me it is in stock and available. I ordered and made the payment. Now I am waiting for QC.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Good day. V6f pam005 is also not available at the moment (if nothing has changed since I spoke with puretime). Between 005 and 111, I would choose 005. I like the logo on the dial, solid caseback removes unnecessary questions on the appearance of movement, and sausage numbers are more suitable for this case. But this is my subjective opinion. If we talk about 005 on m2m, I would prefer the assembly of the h-fac dial + case noob, or the weight of the XF (late v6f). On them are the problems of the lume sausage, which are described above if not fixed. o minimized, relative to noob.