• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep: PAM 292 Black Seal ceramic

Keyblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/17
I found the wire lug of the 292 to be more loose compared to stainless steel models, even after servicing by both dealer and local watchsmith (where they replace the plastic/rubber caps on the ends of the lugs).
Also the black paint on the black wire lug screws tend to scratch and reveal the steel when you change strap, but that's just me being clumsy.
Default strap is junk, so this is an issue for me personally.

Case/dial is nice, solid movement.
But because of the strap/lug thing I've been using my 292 as a pocket watch :p

Reactions: PAYBAK

PAYBAK

Horology Curious
8/3/18
I found the wire lug of the 292 to be more loose compared to stainless steel models, even after servicing by both dealer and local watchsmith (where they replace the plastic/rubber caps on the ends of the lugs).
Also the black paint on the black wire lug screws tend to scratch and reveal the steel when you change strap, but that's just me being clumsy.
Default strap is junk, so this is an issue for me personally.

Case/dial is nice, solid movement.
But because of the strap/lug thing I've been using my 292 as a pocket watch :p
Â*

Thanks for reply Keyblue. Interestingly found this. Is this what your are refering too?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...w+about+a+fix-

Keyblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/17
No, I'm talking about the opposite end, the part that goes into the case.
Whenever it wiggles I'm paranoid that they'll fall out resulting in the watch shattering on the floor.
One of these days I'm just going to glue the silly thing lol.

danza

Known Member
24/4/12
I've had my V6F 292 for about a month. I've not worn it loads, but it takes typically 1-2 wears for the lugs to begin to loosen and the BIC 'fix' makes little to no difference. I might try a low strength thread locker to see if that helps at all.

Mine has a 'Q' instead of an 'O' on the serial number and the movement is undecorated and without a swan neck. It was also DOA, but was fine in the QC pics (it was the same watch for sure - I've been caught out with TDs switching watches before so I always check). Mine had stopped because it had over balanced, so was fine after a short, sharp tap on my desk.

The strap is entirely junk. The worst I've had on anything.

I recommend buying a decent screwdriver (Bergen 1.4mm) for the lug screws, you'll be needing it!