• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A double 6154 build - [PICS HEAVY]

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
"So, are you going to post these for Valentines Day?!? See, it just goes to show we all can find true love on this day. And it is called a Panerai. "
Double 6154 red indices build

I have a friend on the other side of the pond, in the US. He's a guy I met here on the forum, we share the same passion/obsession for Panerai, namely the vintage ones. I had the chance to build a few watches for him.

During the last couple of years we kept in touch and kept discussing about vintage PAMs, we found out we had the same taste and made a few projects become real. This is one of them, one of these watches is mine and one is for him, both built at the same time with the same parts and only slight differences.

The idea for this thread's title came from him. When I sent him the pics and told him I was ready to ship it was a couple of days before Valentine's and he came out with this phrase. It made me laugh out loud but I found some strange poetry in it so I decided to use it :)

So much for the introduction, let's talk about the watches :)

They are both based on the Athaya case set as it is just my favourite case. The case was lightly reshaped, but the most time was spent on the refinishing. I can't even remember how many times I sanded, beated, brushed, polished, stressed these cases before I was happy with how they looked. More than a couple of weeks passed since I shipped the watch and my friend received it already. He says pics don't do it justice so I think my goal was reached :)

Dials are from Bigwaved. I'm not a dial painter but imho the red indices are maybe the hardest to get right, but Bigwaved's work is always at the top of the spectrum, perfect resin fill, perfect lume application, perfect finish, everything so damn perfect it almost makes me jealous I can't do such beautiful work myself :)

For these builds we chose to go for DSN's new movements, they just look fantastic no less.

Finally the straps. The one with beige stitching is from my friend Alfio/Bakeka, I had many from him and this one is as usual a great quality strap made with a heart.
The one with red stitching is from Betmen, it's the first strap I got from him and it won't be the last. He's such a great guy to work with, he has an eye for details you would never consider in a strap but which really make a difference in the finished product. The guy is top notch but you already knew that I'm sure :)

More pics in next post...

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
And some more pics:

That's all for now, more builds coming soon.
Hope you enjoyed the reading and pics :)

frankfrank

Beaches
6/2/16
Fantastic builds as always! Kudos

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Absolutely gorgeous simulations of a rare and seductive 6154 reference.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks guys :)