• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm Panerai

redlion

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/16
Hi guys, this is my first time to post in this thread. I just normally lurk around.

Anyway, just want to ask any good 42mm Panerai? Had 44m and it's just too big on my wrist.

Planning to buy as part of my Christmas list

Thank everyone for accommodating this post!

D

d4m.test

Hi guys, this is my first time to post in this thread. I just normally lurk around.

Anyway, just want to ask any good 42mm Panerai? Had 44m and it's just too big on my wrist.

Planning to buy as part of my Christmas list

Thank everyone for accommodating this post!

I've got the PAM688. Love it.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
The 512, 336, 337, 338, 439, and 574 are all 42mm radiomirs. Most TDs have them. I think the 574 may be the newest of the bunch (but about 2mm thicker than gen).

ZF just released their 1351 which is a thinner 44mm luminor with their clone p9010. From reviews of the gen that I read, it feels smaller on the wrist due to the lower profile.

Remember, PAMs are supposed to have a large wrist presence (gotta read em under water y'know).

poinds

17/4/17
1a9618ddfe202de888afb996f828c38e.heic

PAM688

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Reactions: Sunsurfer
D

d4m.test

1a9618ddfe202de888afb996f828c38e.heic

PAM688

I have that watch, but after a month the strap is still pissing me off. I splashed out today and ordered a strap that is more expensive than the gen strap and the watch itself, but which I think will do it justice.

What do you think of the strap? For me it was like putting an uncomfortable box made of wood on my wrist. I thought it might get better after wearing it for a while but it just got worse.

redlion

25/3/16
I'm leaning towards 682, checking on PT website there are three types: XF $328, XF lite $288, ZF w. extra strap $328.

Based on other threads, it appears that XF is the better version, Any thoughts on this guys? Thanks!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I have that watch, but after a month the strap is still pissing me off. I splashed out today and ordered a strap that is more expensive than the gen strap and the watch itself, but which I think will do it justice.

What do you think of the strap? For me it was like putting an uncomfortable box made of wood on my wrist. I thought it might get better after wearing it for a while but it just got worse.

I think it’s basically a given that all rep PAM straps are crap (some are better than others) but on the whole, a custom strap is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I'm leaning towards 682, checking on PT website there are three types: XF $328, XF lite $288, ZF w. extra strap $328.

Based on other threads, it appears that XF is the better version, Any thoughts on this guys? Thanks!

XF has better case, ZF has better dial. None are 1:1

I'd choose XF because ZF caseback is really bad/thick

poinds

17/4/17

The strap is like wearing beef jerky! It will NOT conform to my wrist. I ordered some Bosphorus straps and can’t wait to swap them.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

redlion

25/3/16
hmmn, looking xf version is better than zf.... would you think intime would be having that version? been purchasing through intime since they have paypal....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
hmmn, looking xf version is better than zf.... would you think intime would be having that version? been purchasing through intime since they have paypal....

Well, the only thing left to do is...ask intime? :rolleyes: Those watches are on his website and were used for reference while checking the differences between the two versions.

redlion

25/3/16
Well, the only thing left to do is...ask intime? :rolleyes: Those watches are on his website and were used for reference while checking the differences between the two versions.
thanks, will exactly do that.... :)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i don't wanna taint your mind but...go check the gen if you can..and you'll see how ZF looks much more closer overall

redlion

25/3/16
anyone would know if puretime accepts paypal? it appears that their shipping cost is cheaper compared to intime