• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 438 VSF Released with Super Clone P9001

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
That's certainly encouraging news. From which TD did you buy from?

Ordered from Lucy and might sell it right away next week since in the meantime I had the chance to grab a Franken DSSD and the bank account is melting :).

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Ordered from Lucy and might sell it right away next week since in the meantime I had the chance to grab a Franken DSSD and the bank account is melting :).

There's M2M if you wish to dispose later. They go pretty easily. :)

Reactions: Alex1976

Treeboarus

Horology Curious
13/5/19
So I spoke with one of the TDs and he shared with me images of the PAM438 they have in stock.

However, on the images he sent through, the silver area behind the balance wheel was present (even though he has told me this is the newest version). I asked him why the image he was sharing was not black, as per the newer version, and his response was:

"This updated movement is with the top portion all covered in black. Factory has advised that the old movement when all coated black affects the movement and caused to break down easily. So black part now covers the aesthetic appeal on the movement."

Basically he is saying only the top mechanism (balance wheel) is black, but the background is silver, because of issues with the black coating coming off and messing with the mechanism. I had assumed this was PVD coated, so wouldn't have been an issue?

Anyone heard that the the blackened movements can cause any issues? Or is this just BS from the TD because they dont have the blackened movements???

Last edited:

madmax1967

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/19
Italy
I suspect BS... I made the same question after I received a 'supposedly' V2 with the silver background and he told me that I received the latest version available... period.

Treeboarus

Horology Curious
13/5/19
mysterio can you ID this watch from the mechanism? Been looking hard for the correct (latest/best PAM438) and think I found it. Just looking for confirmation.

Trick9

Horology Curious
28/5/19
I have been reading with great interest. I am now ready to order 1.
I just want to check if this is the VSF V2 version. The gold part makes me doubt. I am in need of some expert advise here.

Is this the V2 or the V1 from VSF factory?
Picture

Sorry can't seem to get the image in the post so I added a link.

Last edited:

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I have been reading with great interest. I am now ready to order 1.
I just want to check if this is the VSF V2 version. The gold part makes me doubt. I am in need of some expert advise here.

Is this the V2 or the V1 from VSF factory?
Picture

Sorry can't seem to get the image in the post so I added a link.

That picture made the important part barely visible. I would guess it's a V1 as I can make out a silver part (on the V2, the back should be mostly black).

Trick9

Horology Curious
28/5/19
That’s my thought as well. What I have done is pointed it out to the TD, I’ll wait for his reply, I do trust him, have done business with him before.

I think the V2 should be black under the golden wheel there from what I’ve read here.

I do want to thank you for your time to look, if interested I will update this with the reply of the TD.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Alex1976 Ill let you know as soon as it arrives. Comms have gone quiet for now.

Same here, will receive my PAM438 from TD hopefully this week and i believe it's a V1 but with the 12h GMT, just the movement not all black.

Genera74

29/12/14
Hi, for this model, can anyone advice if the width of the bracelet is 24/24mm or 24/22mm? Bit concerned 24/24mm is too big for my wrist..

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi, for this model, can anyone advice if the width of the bracelet is 24/24mm or 24/22mm? Bit concerned 24/24mm is too big for my wrist..

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 2mm difference should not affect how big the watch feels on the wrist. The watch head itself is lighter than its comparable stainless steel brethren so that makes the watch not feel big on the wrist.

Last edited: