• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 438 VSF Released with Super Clone P9001

Ajaneson

Horology Curious
24/12/18
Many thanks. It sounds like the dealer has a V1 version. I have a picture of the watch and will upload it as soon as I can to get confirmation. Thanks

Ajaneson

Horology Curious
24/12/18
Here is a pic of the mechanism itself - is it a V1 or a V2?

many thanks for all your help

madmax1967

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/19
Italy
The description on PF-838 says the movement is automatic... could it be true?
Upgraded VS 9001 Automatic Movement, 28800bph Same Spec as per Genuine with Same Functions as Genuine ! PVD Black Coated Rotor and Movement Bridges

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
The description on PF-838 says the movement is automatic... could it be true?

Perfect Clones is not a TD here but they aren't known for lying on their sales ads. I also don't know how the movement could not be automatic, just basing on the pictures, unless you haven't read anything on the watch, rep or gen.

madmax1967

1/1/19
Italy
My fault, I was following another thread were they were discussing about P9001 movement and how noisy was the rotor... also someone else guessed the movement was derived from Miyota... don't know why but I assumed it was a manual winding movement...

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
My fault, I was following another thread were they were discussing about P9001 movement and how noisy was the rotor... also someone else guessed the movement was derived from Miyota... don't know why but I assumed it was a manual winding movement...

A Miyota isn't necessarily a manual wind (but I am not into the watches that use them so I have no official comments). There are only a few movements used in PAMs both manual and automatic.

madmax1967

1/1/19
Italy
Well, I received a PAM438 and the movement is something in the middle of V1 and V2... the version I received has the GEN functions as V2, also the center fixing of the rotor is dark, like the V2, but the back of the balance wheel is silver, like V1...

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Well, I received a PAM438 and the movement is something in the middle of V1 and V2... the version I received has the GEN functions as V2, also the center fixing of the rotor is dark, like the V2, but the back of the balance wheel is silver, like V1...

A picture of the caseback would be appreciated so we can have a reference. Thanks!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Last edited:

Treeboarus

Horology Curious
13/5/19
Oh wow.

Ive been reading all of your posts too... How did I miss that.

Hope you dont mind, I selected that section out for the thread I started - for anyone else who is as useless as me searching.

Clearly you are an absolute authority on this, and I bow to your knowledge.

Unfortunately some of the dealer links in your extensive review no longer work - But in your opinion, which do you believe in 2019 is the best (most accurate) option to purchase?

I found these:

https://puretime.io/pam438-o-real-c...amic-bracelet-p9001-b-v2-free-asso-strap.html

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=18489

Last edited:

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
Oh wow.

Hope you dont mind, I selected that section out for the thread I started - for anyone else who is as useless as me searching.

Unfortunately some of the dealer links in your extensive review no longer work - But in your opinion, which do you believe in 2019 is the best (most accurate) option to purchase?

I found these:

https://puretime.io/pam438-o-real-c...amic-bracelet-p9001-b-v2-free-asso-strap.html

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_51&products_id=18489

same watch, good luck getting one!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Oh wow.

I found these:

I closed the thread down, there is already a comprehensive thread available. I am not an absolute authority, I just like PAMs. :) The links in the thread were not really needed as updating them would be too much considering the very volatile and litigous nature of the industry, the websites change every 6 months. As superspark69 has mentioned they are both the same watch; some dealers call them V2, others V3 but it is the appearance of the plate behind the balance wheel that is the main change for the latest version.

Treeboarus

Horology Curious
13/5/19
mysterio OK, fair enough, makes sense.

Sorry being a typical noob and for causing you work.

So, it is clear the examples I sent are from the same factory, but am I right in thinking that these are the best version currently available?

If so, I'm about to pull the trigger.

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
mysterio OK, fair enough, makes sense.

Sorry being a typical noob and for causing you work.

So, it is clear the examples I sent are from the same factory, but am I right in thinking that these are the best version currently available?

If so, I'm about to pull the trigger.

I doubt they are available.....