• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 438 VSF Released with Super Clone P9001

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Please post a pic!

zCPR6Ni.jpg

Pretty baller combo!

Duncan_McCloud

12/2/17
I have seen the gen today at the Boutique in Milan. Wonderful. Period.
Two questions:
1. How does this rep compare to the gen side by side ?
2. How come that the watch in the boutique looks so shining ? Some kind of high end jewelry trick ?

Ty

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I have seen the gen today at the Boutique in Milan. Wonderful. Period.
Two questions:
1. How does this rep compare to the gen side by side ?
2. How come that the watch in the boutique looks so shining ? Some kind of high end jewelry trick ?

Ty

1. No one's done a rep vs gen comparison.
2. It might be due to the lighting. Cannot compare two pictures under differing lighting conditions. Who know, maybe the rep looks the same under boutique lighting. ;)

Duncan_McCloud

12/2/17
2. It might be due to the lighting. Cannot compare two pictures under differing lighting conditions. Who know, maybe the rep looks the same under boutique lighting. ;)

That was my first thought. Sure they know how "to sell" ;-)
Ty

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
Shining? I've seen the ceramic PAMs at OP boutique some months ago and can't say I had that impression. Probably it's all about the crystal which of course on the gen is better ;)

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Shining? I've seen the ceramic PAMs at OP boutique some months ago and can't say I had that impression. Probably it's all about the crystal which of course on the gen is better ;)

Bang on, it's that killer combo of better quality sapphire and jewellers lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
The PAM441 also has that tinted caseback, the PAM438 has a clear caseback.

Hi Mysterio, need your help!
is the VSF v2 the best version of the ref. PAM 438 i can actually buy? it's my first replica, and i found this watch at 440 $ so i don't want to buy something is not up dated. I read a lot of your always interesting posts (and your great review on RWG of the KW ) plus the reviews on the ale's guide, but seems that this version is not fully reviewed yet, just the V6F that seems to have better lettering on the caseback and nothing else.
Another thing i can't understand, is the GMT working?

THANKS !

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi Mysterio, need your help!
is the VSF v2 the best version of the ref. PAM 438 i can actually buy? it's my first replica, and i found this watch at 440 $ so i don't want to buy something is not up dated. I read a lot of your always interesting posts (and your great review on RWG of the KW ) plus the reviews on the ale's guide, but seems that this version is not fully reviewed yet, just the V6F that seems to have better lettering on the caseback and nothing else.
Another thing i can't understand, is the GMT working?

THANKS !

VSF with the P.9001 V2 is the best version. GMT is working since the first version, but the previous ones had a 24 hr GMT, which is not like the gen's 12-hr GMT. The latest version has the same 12-hr GMT as the gen aside from the gen functions.

Reactions: vcappp

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
VSF with the P.9001 V2 is the best version. GMT is working since the first version, but the previous ones had a 24 hr GMT, which is not like the gen's 12-hr GMT. The latest version has the same 12-hr GMT as the gen aside from the gen functions.

Thank you!
About the lettering, in the pictures seems that your version is better. Is this is this true or just an effect of the bad picture in VSF version?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thank you!
About the lettering, in the pictures seems that your version is better. Is this is this true or just an effect of the bad picture in VSF version?

Which lettering? There is a lot of text in the watch both in the front and the back. Can't really say without the actual watch in hand. There are many factors that affect pictures. And technically speaking KW = V6F = VSF so it should not really change much.

Reactions: GregH

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
thank you, I mean the silver lettering of the logo "Officine Panerai" in the back that seems a little bit raised and not simply "printed" on the case back...

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
Which lettering? There is a lot of text in the watch both in the front and the back. Can't really say without the actual watch in hand. There are many factors that affect pictures. And technically speaking KW = V6F = VSF so it should not really change much.

5ca4ac904756684

5ca4ac904756684.jpg
This is the VSF

this is yours :D... i like the most this lettering

Another thing, the power reserve is fake right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Benro_Pam317

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18

Mysterio how you will judge the movement? do you think it's reliable? I've seen you had the watch from more than 1 year, is still everything ok?
There's something i need to know about it? How do you care it? and do you think it's appropriate to replace the glass with a new one 2xAR? i've seen some of you expert do this mod

yes it is
thanks Deathminder, do you also have this watch? I just ordered the VSFv2 also with a leather strap (like the 441)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Mysterio how you will judge the movement? do you think it's reliable? I've seen you had the watch from more than 1 year, is still everything ok?
There's something i need to know about it? How do you care it? and do you think it's appropriate to replace the glass with a new one 2xAR? i've seen some of you expert do this mod

I can say from the watch that I have that it's reliable. But then this is the original movement, an A7750 with decorative plates to make it look like a P.9000. That movement has been around a long time. Compared to this P.9001 V2 movement, which has been out less than a year. They cannot be compared apples to apples.

Is it worth it to replace the crystal with the 2xAR from prof? It looks great definitely but worth would largely depend on your personal opinion. I'm happy with the current watch with the existing crystal. I might get the new PAM438 and then order the 2xAR crystal from prof. Or I may.not. It's a personal choice.

Taking care of the watch is like taking care of any other watch. Don't abuse it, don't hit it on a hard surface, have it repaired when it breaks down or if you like, have it serviced as soon as you get it. It's all up to you.