• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 438 VSF Released with Super Clone P9001

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The only change is the movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Love the new movement and bracelet finally, but this is a tough model to be satisfied with unless the crystal/AR is redone.

Juraj_G

Renowned Member
24/9/16
Well, we have 441, 438... so now its time for the 320 i guess. Hope to see it very very soon

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Frikman

Known Member
29/10/14
@Frikman apart from (1) the important 12-hour GMT hand and (2) the position of the escapement Wheel what are the other 3 amazing improvements that are in your top5 list?

The 12-hour GMT hand is the biggest by far. But free hacking hour adjustment, adjustable PR indicator and general movement cosmetic accuracy improvements are the others.

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Other than the movement features, are there any other improvements over the V6? Dial hands and bracelet are all the same, yeah? The gens crystal is very reflective so it's fine with me.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Other than the movement features, are there any other improvements over the V6? Dial hands and bracelet are all the same, yeah? The gens crystal is very reflective so it's fine with me.

No other physical changes that I can see.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Yeah, well… no need for me to upgrade then until the movement nero is tuttoed.

Since I have not done it, I wouldn't know if the process for painting the remaining exposed parts would be easy (or practicable) at the movement factory side. They basically only coat the decorative plates but not the movement underneath (which I presume is done because the plates do not require dismantling from the movement and can be attached afterwards).

Frikman

Known Member
29/10/14
I pulled the trigger this morning. Upgrading my current Tutto, so if all goes well there will be a 1st gen PAM438 V6F (complete with short minute hand) on the m2m sales soon! Haha

Frikman

Known Member
29/10/14
I’ve received my VSF PAM438 and can report back a few comparisons with my old V6F version:
- Overall the watch is AS GOOD as my old one (which is one of the most accurate time pieces I own). The new version obviously has improved on many of the flaws that we know.
- The VSF’s CP is nice and flat and looks perfect
- The writing is thinner but more crisp
- The ceramic material is a very slightly warmer colour in direct sun than the old blueish black
- The sandwich dial is noticeably shallower, not sure which one is more gen-like?
- The small seconds hand is significantly smaller (feels a bit more refined)
-The 12h GMT is SO much better, actually useful!
- The markings on the case are not as deep which is a shame
- The wording on the movement is crisp but verging on too weak
- The bracelet feels lighter and thinner than the old one but is still well made
- Unfortunately my new bracelet has a flaw! The gap in the clasp link is much wider than the clasp causing the one side to wobble around and feel loose! (No QC pics in the world can show you that)

So in the end still worth ‘upgrading’ to have the obvious flaws corrected, but quality wise a sideways shift.

Reactions: vcappp

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I’ve received my VSF PAM438 and can report back a few comparisons with my old V6F version:
- Overall the watch is AS GOOD as my old one (which is one of the most accurate time pieces I own). The new version obviously has improved on many of the flaws that we know.
- The VSF’s CP is nice and flat and looks perfect
- The writing is thinner but more crisp
- The ceramic material is a very slightly warmer colour in direct sun than the old blueish black
- The sandwich dial is noticeably shallower, not sure which one is more gen-like?
- The small seconds hand is significantly smaller (feels a bit more refined)
-The 12h GMT is SO much better, actually useful!
- The markings on the case are not as deep which is a shame
- The wording on the movement is crisp but verging on too weak
- The bracelet feels lighter and thinner than the old one but is still well made
- Unfortunately my new bracelet has a flaw! The gap in the clasp link is much wider than the clasp causing the one side to wobble around and feel loose! (No QC pics in the world can show you that)

So in the end still worth ‘upgrading’ to have the obvious flaws corrected, but quality wise a sideways shift.

can you swap bracelets ?

Frikman

Known Member
29/10/14
can you swap bracelets ?

I actually spent a good 2 hours last night playing around with different combinations of bracelet inserts, screws and bracelets. There are microns of difference so there are certain combinations that have more play, screw in deeper than others, etc.

But yes, I ended up with new watch, old bracelet and one insert of each and it’s sitting beautifully on the wrist now. I never get bored of this beauty!

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
i just ordered one but never had the previous version. I always wanted a Pam with bracelet but never found a ss worth getting. I had the 508 was not a big fan of the ceramic but the 438 somewhat turned me on......Lets now wait and see

azelaya

Known Member
12/4/16
He is talking about replacement sapphire crystals offered by a member here. The AR is far better than any stock crystal on a rep.

Ho is the member that offer the crystal ?
And someone knows a person that can waterproof this Pam in CONUS ?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Does anyone know the best way to remove extra links to the bracelet mine came love it but a bit loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Does anyone know the best way to remove extra links to the bracelet mine came love it but a bit loose

Get a link pin remover. Super cheap on Amazon.

They are pressure pins so don't use anything other than a pin remover.

Reactions: vcappp

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Get a link pin remover. Super cheap on Amazon.

They are pressure pins so don't use anything other than a pin remover.

Thanks I had one so it worked well

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
It’s a nice watch but dark need to get use to it