• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 438 VSF Released with Super Clone P9001

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Difficult?? But why? I understand is difficult to paint the deco plate but a Black cover for the deco plate is ok for me (maybe better placed as those photos show a bad place mentira) but the very bottom (the zone behind seen behind the escapement wheel), the very bottom should be easy to paint, isn't it?

@chris3007 would know the difficulty level involved as he did the paint mod himself on that specific portion below the balance wheel on the previous PAM438. So he's speaking from experience. But if you think it's easy enough to do, then please do show us the step by step (I would also suggest using a matte paint as chris' original attempt used glossy paint). Here is the thread I am talking about.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pam438-tuttonero-paint-mod.359592/

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Just a little drop of paint on the wrong place and the movement is gone.

Br10_asp

30/4/14
@chris3007 would know the difficulty level involved as he did the paint mod himself on that specific portion below the balance wheel on the previous PAM438. So he's speaking from experience. But if you think it's easy enough to do, then please do show us the step by step (I would also suggest using a matte paint as chris' original attempt used glossy paint). Here is the thread I am talking about.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pam438-tuttonero-paint-mod.359592/

Don't misunderstood my words Mysterio, maybe it's because we are only using words but I didn't try to undervalue Chris words simply I am far away of being an expert in modding and of course didn't read that post, so you don't need to joke about my skills for modding (cause I don't have any).

Said that, I only said that because I thought that someone like Chris or with similar skills could dissamble the movement and after paint that zone, plate it, mod it or whatever and after that assamble it again all in black...thats all I tried to explain. Sorry if explained bad.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Don't misunderstood my words Mysterio, maybe it's because we are only using words but I didn't try to undervalue Chris words simply I am far away of being an expert in modding and of course didn't read that post, so you don't need to joke about my skills for modding (cause I don't have any).

Said that, I only said that because I thought that someone like Chris or with similar skills could dissamble the movement and after paint that zone, plate it, mod it or whatever and after that assamble it again all in black...thats all I tried to explain. Sorry if explained bad.

Well I didn't misunderstand your words @Br10_asp, I was answering your specific question

Difficult?? But why?

to which @chris3007 further added,

Just a little drop of paint on the wrong place and the movement is gone.

I wasn't joking about your skills in modding. I myself have no such skill, unfortunately (unless you count changing straps as a mod) and thus, it is beyond my ability nor is it my place to determine who can and who cannot mod, much less "joke about your skills". I do not know you personally nor well enough, therefore, I would not even dare to make a joke out of your skill level (existent or not). I was serious in my comment

But if you think it's easy enough to do, then please do show us the step by step (I would also suggest using a matte paint as chris' original attempt used glossy paint).

I presumed, incorrectly I might add, that you probably had some skill in modding. Therefore I asked that you documented the process because Chris had probably done the mod on a whim, not because of the need to post a tutorial, therefore something along the lines of a step by step tutorial would be very helpful to those wanting to achieve "tutto nero" or complete blackness in their PAM438 movement. I even put in the suggestion to use matte paint as Chris has used a glossy black paint to do the mod, not the most ideal since the rest of the movement is matte black.

No need to apologize for explaining bad, because I thought I had read it correctly, apparently I had not and thus you reply in this manner. Let us move forward. :)

elloello

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/3/14
U.K.
Ok let me kick in here if people are looking to mod this I agree @chris3007 dont under estimate the difficulty level with this part, I understand the delicate nature and time it will take to do this upgrade,

Keyblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/17
Just received one for a friend, solid build.
Bracelet buckle a bit flimsy as expected compared to gen, but overall secure.

Br10_asp

30/4/14
Well I didn't misunderstand your words @Br10_asp, I was answering your specific question

to which @chris3007 further added,

I wasn't joking about your skills in modding. I myself have no such skill, unfortunately (unless you count changing straps as a mod) and thus, it is beyond my ability nor is it my place to determine who can and who cannot mod, much less "joke about your skills". I do not know you personally nor well enough, therefore, I would not even dare to make a joke out of your skill level (existent or not). I was serious in my comment

I presumed, incorrectly I might add, that you probably had some skill in modding. Therefore I asked that you documented the process because Chris had probably done the mod on a whim, not because of the need to post a tutorial, therefore something along the lines of a step by step tutorial would be very helpful to those wanting to achieve "tutto nero" or complete blackness in their PAM438 movement. I even put in the suggestion to use matte paint as Chris has used a glossy black paint to do the mod, not the most ideal since the rest of the movement is matte black.

No need to apologize for explaining bad, because I thought I had read it correctly, apparently I had not and thus you reply in this manner. Let us move forward. :)

Yep Mysterio I have been here for while and I knew that we weren't understanding each other because it is more difficult to understand the context of a conversation by this (written in forum), I am sure that in person it could not happen that.

Same applies to me sorry, I didn't understand you were not joking about my ZMS (Zero Mod Skills) and didn't get the point / context of your reply.

The most important thing here is that now I understand that is difficult of course, but it can be done and I think I will send an VSF to get serviced and done that mod here.

psantos1091

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/13
Well, it’s not really a “tutto nero”.
It’s just a black deco plate on top of the normal P.9001 clone.

a8d1fa96ee6e6acac2cbbad66b5422a8.png

Here is the gen tuttonero P.9001 movement

4eb170fb3beaf84c37018131569d2b95.png

It should be black, overall, not just on top.

Once seen, it cannot be unseen....ahhh thanks a lot! I just ordered one on Sunday too lol now it's really gonna bug me..

Anyways I noticed the 441 before and this is my first Pam so I'm not too knowledgeable. Can someone tell me the differences other than the color of the movements?

PsychoTee16

-- Watchmaker --
Supporter
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/3/12
California - Bay Area
Once seen, it cannot be unseen....ahhh thanks a lot! I just ordered one on Sunday too lol now it's really gonna bug me..

Anyways I noticed the 441 before and this is my first Pam so I'm not too knowledgeable. Can someone tell me the differences other than the color of the movements?

That is the only difference. And the 441 comes on Leather.

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
a0eed4fd6ca123df8e70edc7fdb0045c.jpg
ac1ac2abdd885fd33bf52cd285b40a7b.jpg

Meh, the sun is making it hard to shoot past the reflection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might wanna try playing around with the photo angles to get rid of the glare.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IWCAP

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Every repist who had it always said the xtal was very reflective. Regardless of version.

For me this is one of the strongest candidate for @rnrprof magic treatment

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Frikman

Known Member
29/10/14
The silver under the balance wheel is a letdown for sure, but there are SO many other amazing improvements that I’m very tempted to upgrade my first gen PAM438.

Kentman

Known Member
5/5/16
Every repist who had it always said the xtal was very reflective. Regardless of version.

For me this is one of the strongest candidate for @rnrprof magic treatment

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk
What is this magic treatment of which you speak?