• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 438 VSF Released with Super Clone P9001

Rovermania

Looking Around
20/11/19
Looks like a V2 — I can go into details, but it’s a lot like Spinal Tap: the movement is more black haha.

V2 does not have a seconds reset to my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Thx. So means V2 is almost there in looks n functionality except that it doesn’t have seconds reset.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Received mine yr.day as well. This watch is insane. Compared to GEN, bracelet, weight , loom & xtal is spot on. Hopefully I can make a side by side review soon.

TheSacredSoul

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/19
Received mine yr.day as well. This watch is insane. Compared to GEN, bracelet, weight , loom & xtal is spot on. Hopefully I can make a side by side review soon.

About to place my order. Just wanna check a few things with you, if you don't mind :)

1. Hows the crystal? I know its super reflective but is it the same on gens as well?

2. How is the movement? Is it noisy?

3. Finally, how's the lume? Bright? Lasts long?

Hope you can answer the above. Thank you!

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
About to place my order. Just wanna check a few things with you, if you don't mind :)

1. Hows the crystal? I know its super reflective but is it the same on gens as well?

2. How is the movement? Is it noisy?

3. Finally, how's the lume? Bright? Lasts long?

Hope you can answer the above. Thank you!

Having tried the GEN I must proclaim that the crystal is very good on the V2. A tad milky, or foggy or reflective at certain angles. Clear as day from most other angles. Very GEN like. You will not get called out based on the xtal.
The movement is the most silent P9001 so far. The rotor do spin but its not noisy like other PAMs. Keep in mind that the GENs spin and rattle too.
Loom is insane, very alien green with an excellent durability OOTB.
This is a must buy!

TheSacredSoul

25/6/19
Having tried the GEN I must proclaim that the crystal is very good on the V2. A tad milky, or foggy or reflective at certain angles. Clear as day from most other angles. Very GEN like. You will not get called out based on the xtal.
The movement is the most silent P9001 so far. The rotor do spin but its not noisy like other PAMs. Keep in mind that the GENs spin and rattle too.
Loom is insane, very alien green with an excellent durability OOTB.
This is a must buy!

Perfect, you just sealed my choice. Thank you!

ymee

1/10/19
Hi guys, what's the quality of the bracelet on this watch? Close to gen or not?

Secondly, do you know if this watch can support a nato strap?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Hi guys, what's the quality of the bracelet on this watch? Close to gen or not?

Secondly, do you know if this watch can support a nato strap?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gen is ceramic, rep is ceramic. The watch like any other PAM can be worn on NATO.

PAKITO

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/15
España
It's like gen, you can look for the manual on the official site.
Position 0 is for manual winding (after unlocking the crown protector, of course)
Position 1 is for moving only the hour hand, and it's meant to be used to set the local time while travelling
Position 2 is for hour AND minute adjust. The manual says that before setting the correct hour/minute, be sure that the hour hand is exactly over the GMT hand.

Basically, hour and GMT hand normally are aligned (GMT function is 12h as for gen) and you fix your time from position 2. When you travel, you move only the hour hand to match the local time, while the GMT hand will always point to your home time.

There is no quick-date setting... you must move the hour hand 24h for date advance. This can be done both from position 1 and position 2, but from position 1 is a lot quicker.
As always, avoid to set the date between 10PM and 2AM, like every other watch.

I have read that the original, in position 2 of the crown, puts the second hand to zero. same as 320 and 1320. Does this happen in this watch?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

TheSacredSoul

25/6/19
Just received my VSF V2 couple of days ago. It was perfect but then I realised one side of the clasp couldn't lock in place no matter how hard I try to push it in. Was an easy fix. Brought to a watchsmith, he greased it up and now it locks and unlocks much easier. Just finding a bit difficult to unlock it. Guess gotta get a hang of it.

The watch itself is amazing. Keeps time great. Looks great and wears better. Lume is decent too. Love it! Really a superrep in my book.

PAKITO

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/15
España
I'm waiting for mine. Tomorrow I hope. V2 from VSF with free asso and black tang. I'm nervous!!!!

Enviado desde mi POT-LX1 mediante Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'm waiting for mine. Tomorrow I hope. V2 from VSF with free asso and black tang. I'm nervous!!!!

You sound like you haven't been in this hobby for 5 years. :lol:

PAKITO

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/15
España
You sound like you haven't been in this hobby for 5 years. :lol:
????????????????????????
You're right Erick. But there are models that you want for years and for some reason take time to buy. And the day you buy it, you're nervous. 438 is one of them.

By the way, here you are !!!!!
With bracelet and strap.
The strap is gen, of course.

Today I will take it to my watchmaker for full movement service and waterproof at 100mts as per gen.
e5902cae2afeea73e51075f84bb367d6.jpg
545c9d891822abe312857edc8d86caac.jpg

Reactions: Blshh and TA1199

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
The VSF V2 has a 45mm caseback and not 44mm as per GEN - FYI only.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Do you have a measurement of the caseback? That's rather disconcerting. The caseback of all things.

Indeed, I tried my PAM 44mm caseback opener and it’s too small. I than measured the caseback and saw it was 45mm. I.e not GEN spec. I use the caseback opener on my other 44 cases without issues.

I have encountered this once before with VSF 616 V2. Case is 47mm as per GEN. Caseback is 48mm.

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Indeed, I tried my PAM 44mm caseback opener and it’s too small. I than measured the caseback and saw it was 45mm. I.e not GEN spec. I use the caseback opener on my other 44 cases without issues.

I have encountered this once before with VSF 616 V2. Case is 47mm as per GEN. Caseback is 48mm.

I’m thinking it’s this way on the 1616 carbotech as well. I couldn’t open my caseback when I got it last month either.

Erikfit

11/10/19
What's the difference into 12 and 24h gmt?

Enviado desde mi CPH1937 mediante Tapatalk

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
What's the difference into 12 and 24h gmt?

One makes the trip around the dial in 24 hours (like the GMT Master where you use the bezel to help tell the exact time) the other in 12 hours (some also have a AM/PM indicator to tell the difference between day and night faster).