• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake parts on Chrono-Shop?

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Not the first time fake parts have been listed on there. He had a JF 15400 case listed a while back for north of €2k! Tons of bleached bezels, fake bracelets etc. He is well aware of what he's doing.

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Not the first time fake parts have been listed on there. He had a JF 15400 case listed a while back for north of €2k! Tons of bleached bezels, fake bracelets etc. He is well aware of what he's doing.
Same discussion over on Repgeek (and on many other gen forums).

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?282919-BEWARE-of-AP-Royal-Oak-Rep-Cases-being-sold-as-GEN!!

He is banned from the VRF for dealing with fake goods also.

This guy is clearly a scammer. Also when I look at his pictures I always get goose bumps seeing how badly he handles them.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I suspected they have sold fake 5513 sub hands because the rectangular lume area is too short on the Mercedes hand and I have never seen gen hands like that throughout the entire production period (1960s to 1990)

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
This guy is a scammer. I have bought parts from him that are deemed fake by AD. SOB
If any of our french members could report him to the police, then I will provide info needed.

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
e.g. this set of 5513 hands - the mercedes hand look VERY VERY suspicious

I am not a vintage Rolex expert by all means (I am still trying to eat the Mondani books and various other books), but I have never seen a mercedes hour hand like this before

https://www.chrono-shop.net/en/660-rolex-tritium-aiguilles-submariner-5513-1680.html
rolex-tritium-aiguilles-submariner-5513-1680.jpg

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
This guy is a scammer. I have bought parts from him that are deemed fake by AD. SOB
If any of our french members could report him to the police, then I will provide info needed.

Police won't be interested. The problem lies with copyright/patent infringement. If he's a selling fake parts with rolex/AP/Tudor etc markings like dials, clasps etc then he's in breach of that, and it's an open and shut case. However, selling AP mid cases/bezels, Rolex bezels/hands/inserts etc that have no manufacturers marks on them will be incredibly difficult to pursue.

I suspect he is well aware of the legalities of what he's doing.

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
If the ads guarantee authorized parts, then there must be an infringement?

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
The difficulty lies in proving that he knew the parts were fake.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Wow, I was totally unaware of what kind of an asshat he is :sad:

His name is Julien Benjamin Olivares
This is him:
View attachment 76009

Maybe we should consider writing the institution he belongs to a nice letter about his activities?
http://www.irce-paca.com
They are located in Aix-En-Provence. His residence is registered there also.
View attachment 76010
They sure are interested in that stuff.
The tax number of his business is 518 762 687 00029
An this is where it's registered:
AVENUE PAUL JULIEN
LES JARDINS DE PROVENCE BATIMENT
13100 LE THOLONET

(Le Tholonet is a village next to Aix-En-Provence, he lived in Aix-En-Provence until August, 2016)

Reactions: Dantona1984

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
The difficulty lies in proving that he knew the parts were fake.
Easy.
This is his first answer he wrote me:

"Hello Sir,
Thank you very much for you assistance.
How you can check them ?
Thoses parts comes from directly Service after sales Panerai.
Thanks for your advices.
Best regards"

He did the mistake and claimed he got the parts from Panerai directly, which is the biggest lie anyone has ever heard in the entire universe, of course.

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
I can't believe he can run a public business while selling fake parts. This guy is a criminal and deserves his store to be shut down.

In Germany this guy would've long been sued.

Just recently read on a german forum about someone who bought a fake vintage sub dial off this guy for alot of money and he refused to take back the dial and refund after forum members pointed out it was a fake.. Unbelievable..

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Haha this little piece of shit just sent me the follwing regarding the AP case...

"Hello sir
Thanks for your request.
ALL, absolutely everything we’re selling, we sold and we will sell are certified genuine.
This case is genuine, comes from AP factory."

What a prick he is, unbelievable :D

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
It goes on...
I wrote:
"Thanks for your answer!
You got the case in the link directly from Audemars Piguet factory?"

He then replied:

"Yes a big lot.
We got as well 15400 bracelet, 15202 links, 15300 links, 15400-26330 bracelets, half links etc etc ….
We got a case 15202 as well, saphir crystal 15400."

Wtf is going on here?? :O
I am tempted to ask him if he mixed it up with an order from J Factory... lol

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Since when has AP sold cases directly to anyone? The guy is a bullshitter and not even a good one at that.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I had to...

"Okay cool, thank you!
But I am a little confused... Did you say you ordered them from JF or AP factory? "

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Oh my god he is dumber than I though XDXDXD

He wrote:
"JF : is counterfeit & replica Ap case.
AP is Audemar sPiguet
We never sell fakes, replica or counterfeit.
Our cases comes from AP factory.
After sales."

This is almost entertaining if he wasn't such a scamming pile of poo!