• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 382 VSF and Gen Comparison....

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
I saw this thread....

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/vsf-382-bronzo-live-photos-matched-to-gen-photos.368895/

and I have a question.

i see the shape of the 5 minute markers are not rounded on the GEN.... yet they rounded them on the VSF.

is that so? or am i just not seeing the pics properly.

the 4th pic down of the GEN clearly seems to show that those markers are not rounded at all.... compared
to what VSF did with the markers.

My KW bronzo that I got last summer has the markers that are more like that 4th pic down of the GEN.

AM i missing something here or did VSF make rounded 5 minute markers that are NOT like the GEN'S ?
when KW had them right the first time?

i'm confused. lol

thanks

Br10_asp

30/4/14
I had exactly the same question when I saw some days ago that post. My KW has also those markers more similar to GEN than VsF according to pictures...

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Well if you are so picky you can see much more things wrong in those pics such as wrong chamfers on top and bottom of the CG, wrong finishing on the CG pin, too rounded and too high bezel pips, smaller chamfering on the bezel with worse polishing, too rounded pearl rim, minute markers on bezel not crisp enough...

These are so small details though. Not a deal breaker for a rep that costs 1/100 of the gen imho.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
It really boils down to expectations and what you're prepared to accept. I do agree somewhat that factories have shown their capability to do great things so to have them get such trivial details "wrong" (although I'd like to think of it as not perfect) is mind boggling.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
When it's on my wrist, I can't read the date let alone see these minute tells........

Reactions: Yadda Yadda

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
Well if you are so picky you can see much more things wrong in those pics such as wrong chamfers on top and bottom of the CG, wrong finishing on the CG pin, too rounded and too high bezel pips, smaller chamfering on the bezel with worse polishing, too rounded pearl rim, minute markers on bezel not crisp enough...

These are so small details though. Not a deal breaker for a rep that costs 1/100 of the gen imho.

no....
I am not that picky but just some things catch my eye and that was the 5 minute markers. I was wondering if the gen really did have more squared off markers like the pic shows. thats all i was asking about.

and yes..... for the price..... you can't beat it. thats certainly was not an issue.... i feel lucky that we have the opportunity to own such beautiful watches for so
small an amount of money.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
no....
I am not that picky but just some things catch my eye and that was the 5 minute markers. I was wondering if the gen really did have more squared off markers like the pic shows. thats all i was asking about.

and yes..... for the price..... you can't beat it. thats certainly was not an issue.... i feel lucky that we have the opportunity to own such beautiful watches for so
small an amount of money.

I've checked gen pictures, and yes, the gen bezel markers at the 5, 10 and 15 minute marks have squared off corners instead of (slightly) rounded ones on the reps.

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
I've checked gen pictures, and yes, the gen bezel markers at the 5, 10 and 15 minute marks have squared off corners instead of (slightly) rounded ones on the reps.

Thats interesting mysterio because my KW from last summer has those more squared off corners.... like the gen. it makes me wonder why they changed it.
thanks for clearing that up.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thats interesting mysterio because my KW from last summer has those more squared off corners.... like the gen. it makes me wonder why they changed it.
thanks for clearing that up.

It's really inexplicable. One step forward (in terms of movement) and one step back (bezel marker). Good thing the one step forward is more visually striking than the one step back (although ideally we'd like only steps forward). :)

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
It's really inexplicable. One step forward (in terms of movement) and one step back (bezel marker). Good thing the one step forward is more visually striking than the one step back (although ideally we'd like only steps forward). :)

amazing really. lol the factories must KNOW that people would like a watch to be as close to gen as possible and yet..... it's like the right hand is not talking to the left hand.... there is a disconnect somewhere. one would think ... all they had to do is LOOK at the parts they are working on and TRY to make them match up with the gen.
and yet.... they come up with something else. lol it IS really inexplicable.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Yes, one step forward two steps back.
Amazing.
Unless you think about how many different versions of the same submariner the average rep addict buys :)

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
Yes, one step forward two steps back.
Amazing.
Unless you think about how many different versions of the same submariner the average rep addict buys :)

YES ! lol the key word there is addict ! maybe the factories understand this and maybe WE are the ones missing the point.
could they be doing THIS on purpose to sell more watches ? just sayin.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
YES ! lol the key word there is addict ! maybe the factories understand this and maybe WE are the ones missing the point.
could they be doing THIS on purpose to sell more watches ? just sayin.

That conspiracy theory has been floating around for some time now. :)

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
That conspiracy theory has been floating around for some time now. :)

OH thats funny.... I wouldn't be surprised. so what all this amounts to is.... you pick the version whose flaws you can live with.... or.... just buy them all.
I'm guilty... i just ordered myself a VSF 382. not sure i'll keep it..... but I want to see in the flesh how it it looks.

My KW version is running great because i had Strodda do a full service on it..... but I am just smitten.... like an addict... with this newer VSF bronze watch.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
VSF is very, very nice..... I am loving mine and that clone movement is simply fantastic. Smooth, reliable and amazing power reserve of over 50 hours when i finally took it off

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
VSF is very, very nice..... I am loving mine and that clone movement is simply fantastic. Smooth, reliable and amazing power reserve of over 50 hours when i finally took it off

thats good to know but i have to say... since Strodda worked on my KW bronzo.... its really doing great....runnin like a top.... but... that said...
i really can't wait to see what the VSF is like.

fatfox511

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/15
I got my 382 vsf just a few days ago from Sead. It really looks good and I would say from the color and overall shape it is the best you can buy at the moment.

I just have a little problem: the bezel has a lot of play moving up and down.

Does anyone have an idea to fix this?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
I got my 382 vsf just a few days ago from Sead. It really looks good and I would say from the color and overall shape it is the best you can buy at the moment.

wow that doesn't sound good. I thought the VSF didn't have those problems. maybe someone here can help.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

wow that doesn't sound good. I thought the VSF didn't have those problems. maybe someone here can help.

Dental floss. ;)