• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai 682 (42mm submersible) First Impressions

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I meant the width.

Does that mean the dial face size remains the same but only the bezel gets narrower on the 682 vs the 243?
That would explain why I feel the way I do about it.

Not particularly sure about the dial. I have not measured it. But if the bezel was reduced by around 1mm, then the rest of the difference from 2mm would be borne by the dial. But since the dial is wider than the bezel, the 1mm or less difference doesn't seem significant.

teioh3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/16
so.... not enough info to tell if the 682/684/688 is super rep, but most likely not?

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
so.... not enough info to tell if the 682/684/688 is super rep, but most likely not?

At this time no, they're not super reps.

Though I feel its debatable if they could be considered "first class reps" currently.

Once the TD's have their hands on gen, I have no doubts they will certainly be able to eventually release a version that is at Super Rep level.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
They say replication from gen sample. Shall I believe it? Is the gen case 15.5mm?

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
They say replication from gen sample. Shall I believe it? Is the gen case 15.5mm?

I thought I'd read that the gen is 15mm but I read that much I get confused so could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Caseback on ZF has it's more flat compared to V6F, and that's is good visually

Guicamarao

17/2/14
We need more reviews, I saw the KW in my hand, it's very nice. The flaws hardly noted on wirst

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I handled the xf and decided to wait for a better one. This looks promising

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
i had finally the chance to try it on the v2 rep yesterday evening.

Size is just right but there is something a bit odd, weird, off in the proportions which my friends and I couldn't really point out (maybe the fact that the cg looks a bit too big ? not sure)

I had already ordered the watch from Sora before he/she disappeared with my money, so i was really into it. But after trying it on and reading around having the impression the case is too thick, I'm glad I can wait a little bit before really getting it

Great watch nonetheless and this is merely my own opinion from an aesthetical point of view
Just sold mine. I was super excited about this 42 pam but just as you said the watch looks odd. The dial/crystal looks bigger than it should.

The quality of the watch is amazing to me but the larger in diameter bezel and crystal can be a dealbraker.

I'm now thinking of trying out the zf..

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Patiently waiting for my XF V2 682 from Trusty.......:baby:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
According to this hand-on by Hodinkee done a couple of weeks ago, the thickness of the GEN is 14.5 mm, therefore even the ZF version is still 1mm too thick:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/p...e-1950-3-days-automatic-acciaio-42mm-hands-on

having seen the gen i can tell you the caseback is really flush/flat so it's i dunno maybe 1mm thick. This photo is a bit blur but gives you the idea

Panerai-Luminor-Submersible-1950-42mm-8.jpg

non of the reps have that caseback profile

Bigred7078

4/12/16
Who bought the ZF? Since it appears to have a slightly less deep case back, is this considered the better option? The XF looks great but not much is out there about the ZF until the very end of this thread.

Nicoolas

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/4/14
No idée if they will produce the 682 with the new closed case back ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk