• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Interestingly, I don't understand anything about Tudor, but it looks like bronze of a more copper color. I myself like this one more, even when I had 382 specifically looking for a ZF with just such a tone.

Yes the Tudor have a completely different bronze mix than the PAM. Much more red. The patina is different too, more blue. PAM develop a green patina.

jibuti

24/4/08
EU
Yes the Tudor have a completely different bronze mix than the PAM. Much more red. The patina is different too, more blue. PAM develop a green patina.

perhaps XF.... I have ZF one and it is shit to get it patinized, natural or with LOS. I think it is more aluminium bronze.... just like ZF IWC BP. had to slightly sand case to get some patina at all... and I do not live in Sahara.

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
perhaps XF.... I have ZF one and it is shit to get it patinized, natural or with LOS. I think it is more aluminium bronze.... just like ZF IWC BP. had to slightly sand case to get some patina at all... and I do not live in Sahara.

Just checked - XF !

jibuti

24/4/08
EU
ZF For comparation purposes

20200818-143933.jpg

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
which factory and version is this? I have the most recent model and it’s annoying me that the bezel minute marks are not the same as they used to be in previous models.

I have this a long time. I think it is a ZF V2. It was up for rep of the year many, many years ago.

Reactions: Thewatchwolf

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS

Hello, mine was used daily 9months, but on the side from clothing is shining, i’m the only one? Should i use on tshirt?

No it’s beautiful and natural just the way it should be. I’m doing the same thing myself. This is my third Bronzo and for the first time I’m not doing anything to force the patina and watching it develop naturally. Makes a world of difference and it looks more realistic.

Kandinsky

Renowned Member
2/4/20
No it’s beautiful and natural just the way it should be. I’m doing the same thing myself. This is my third Bronzo and for the first time I’m not doing anything to force the patina and watching it develop naturally. Makes a world of difference and it looks more realistic.

Yes. I think the super green examples are great for Instagram pictures, but actually this look is much more authentic. It’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thewatchwolf

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Curious about the shiny polished side. Normally bronze does not look like that, unless you work the bronze with some sanding and some polishing. I don't know maybe you're wearing a long sleeved shirt and the fabric continuously rubbing against the side eventually gives it a bit of a shine. But then you would have to be wearing the watch on top of the sleeve because under the sleeve, the fabric would not have much contact with the side but rather with the bezel. Anyway like I said, curious.

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I just added a 968 to the collection that I picked up in the M2M section. The previous owner did the forced patina which I wanted to see in person as I wasn't sure about the look. Having reviewed this thread I've decided that I much prefer the more elegant patina that gently develops over time, so into the baking powder / lemon bath it went.... I did this several times, along with the citric acid / baking soda / distilled water bath but still have some stubborn areas that I can't get completely clean. I'd rather have a uniformed finish to start from, so I'd appreciate any suggestions for more aggressive solutions to completely strip the patina.

Here's how it looked when purchased:

Here's where I am now:

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
You can gently rub the uncleaned areas on the case with a toothbrush, or with baking soda, but after soaking in your preferred cleansing solution. Some compounds are weakened by acids, but they are held literally mechanically, and they need help. The main thing is not to use a rough surface and images, so as not to kill the factory finish.

Twinny

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/11/18
EU
Try this for dentures. You will get a perfect result. In other countries it‘s called Poligrip or Polident.