• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

kielecki

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/10/20
This is what they look like upon delivery

b71859c2892ae78744096935abbcd86b.jpg

b8e16070b417e322e667f86c93e7dd61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s very nice, simple and pretty

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
better bronze/non alloy(i believe I've read all the reps aren't pure bronze, could be wrong). better cg pin, better cg lever, cg shape, correct text size and spacing and markers/pearl. Do you think the v2 is the closest still? I've read alot about how good the KW v3 was. perhaps you can turn light if I'm mistaken or missing on some parts.

Pure bronze is a misnomer as bronze is an alloy so by nature it cannot be "pure". Now as an alloy, is the one used on PAM bronze reps exactly like the bronze used on the gen? Simple answer, no, but close enough. Gen PAM bronze is CuSn8, rep PAM bronze is CuSn6Zn1. Gen has more tin at 8% vs rep's 6%. This results to slightly less corrosion resistance. Gen can potentially have less copper if other impurities are at their maximum (potentially since there is no one who would donate their gen bronzo for destructive testing, I wonder why:lol: ). The rep has more copper because at least in the sample provided, there are no impurities. This can result to a very slight reddish hue (operative word being very slight); you can't tell unless gen and rep are side by side and they're both in a non-patinated state (which bronze purists would be loathe to do as patination is a key bronze trait).

CG pin is fixable. Lever shape is workable (if you really want to, you can re-shape it), CG shape is workable. Font size, not sure about it, have not seen a side by side of the rep and gen, but if you can see say probably less than 0.5mm difference on the dial at arm's length, you have eyes like a hawk. :lol: bezel pip can definitely improve, while the ring around is almost the same thickness on the VSF v2 rep, it needs to be rounded not flat. The pip itself is flat on the latest version, needs to have a slight (only slight) bulge. Bezel minute markers should be square but I would expect this only on brand new units. Once the bronze patinates, there will tend to be some degradation over time so the squarish ends would become rounded over time.

The KW V3 is certainly an excellent rep, it only suffered from the use of an a7750 instead of the latest P.9000 superclone movement. Had I known, I would not have parted with it. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Drepoch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/20
Pure bronze is a misnomer as bronze is an alloy so by nature it cannot be "pure". Now as an alloy, is the one used on PAM bronze reps exactly like the bronze used on the gen? Simple answer, no, but close enough. Gen PAM bronze is CuSn8, rep PAM bronze is CuSn6Zn1. Gen has more tin at 8% vs rep's 6%. This results to slightly less corrosion resistance. Gen can potentially have less copper if other impurities are at their maximum (potentially since there is no one who would donate their gen bronzo for destructive testing, I wonder why:lol: ). The rep has more copper because at least in the sample provided, there are no impurities. This can result to a very slight reddish hue (operative word being very slight); you can't tell unless gen and rep are side by side and they're both in a non-patinated state (which bronze purists would be loathe to do as patination is a key bronze trait).

CG pin is fixable. Lever shape is workable (if you really want to, you can re-shape it), CG shape is workable. Font size, not sure about it, have not seen a side by side of the rep and gen, but if you can see say probably less than 0.5mm difference on the dial at arm's length, you have eyes like a hawk. :lol: bezel pip can definitely improve, while the ring around is almost the same thickness on the VSF v2 rep, it needs to be rounded not flat. The pip itself is flat on the latest version, needs to have a slight (only slight) bulge. Bezel minute markers should be square but I would expect this only on brand new units. Once the bronze patinates, there will tend to be some degradation over time so the squarish ends would become rounded over time.

The KW V3 is certainly an excellent rep, it only suffered from the use of an a7750 instead of the latest P.9000 superclone movement. Had I known, I would not have parted with it. Oh well, c'est la vie.

excellent break down.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
thanks.

am just not used to brag.....

Oh, just find the unfamiliar sprout of that desire, and position yourself as a service to the community to showcase what great pam they can get.
It seems then that many will understand that panerai is not only blue lume and carbotech. :)
It seems that in some places it can be combined as pleasant and useful.
By the way, on thread, my bronze.