• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

Philph23

30/9/16
Hey mysterio, I quite like that polished effect. It's like the bronze version of the Pam 24C. At least with a smooth finish the patina will come off easier when you want to change it to a clean look. [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]Now I've seen all these different patina variations from this thread I really need this watch sooo bad.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
No I haven't. The reference of jewelers rouge was just a example to how T cut is made up in a similar way. T cut is obviously a lot finer as it is basically used to take the build up of grime and dirt off the paintwork back to reveal the original paintwork. Or for over overspray on a repair, or a re-spray job. Any excessive rubbing with even just a cloth will eventually wear a brushed finish to a smooth finish over time so common sense should tell you always to use caution. So I get where your coming from with over some eager ppl that rush into things without thinking it through.

Sent from the RWI App

I see. Just wondering how a polishing agent made for larger metallic areas would fare on smaller ones like jewelry. I would never have considered using it on a watch, let alone a brushed one like the Bronzo without seeing if anyone had "taken one for the team" and had success with it (and of course documented the process of how he went about it, which is just as important). :)

Hey mysterio, I quite like that polished effect. It's like the bronze version of the Pam 24C. At least with a smooth finish the patina will come off easier when you want to change it to a clean look. [emoji85][emoji23][emoji23]Now I've seen all these different patina variations from this thread I really need this watch sooo bad.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Well, kinda like the overpolished bronzo, there are those who like forming incredible patination on the watch, to the point of it looking like it had been in Davy Jones' locker for a century. I am of the school that just wants the look of a clean bronze watch.

Philph23

30/9/16
I see. Just wondering how a polishing agent made for larger metallic areas would fare on smaller ones like jewelry. I would never have considered using it on a watch, let alone a brushed one like the Bronzo without seeing if anyone had "taken one for the team" and had success with it (and of course documented the process of how he went about it, which is just as important). :)

Just a suggestion really as I saw the peek post earlier, so I would have thought T cut less of a abrasive than the peek stuff which is effectively a metal polish where as T cut isn't.

Sent from the RWI App

c0okie

18/7/15
Looks so clean to me but i don't know if toothpaste will work with bronze or not

Did any one here tried toothpaste to clean bronze

I think it does, according to this YouTube video.
https://youtu.be/wQMTGod743A
35479a9953f548e71e9f6d204d304361.jpg

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
Can you please @watchmaninpa share some photos with us here

Is your watch a ZF OR VSF

My Bronzo is an older KW. I'll have to see if i have some pics of it. I haven't worn it for a while and the patina has returned. I'll see if i can find some pics of it cleaned with my catchup rubbing compound. lol

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
KW 382 with ZF hands, Swiss 7750 and Prof 2AR crystal. Don't ask me why, it just ended up that way over the years, LOL.
IMG_0583_zpsluqscbwn.jpg

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
KW 382 with ZF hands, Swiss 7750 and Prof 2AR crystal. Don't ask me why, it just ended up that way over the years, LOL.
IMG_0583_zpsluqscbwn.jpg

Does the swiss 7750 bring the date wheel closer to the dial? Can't tell from this pic.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Does the swiss 7750 bring the date wheel closer to the dial? Can't tell from this pic.

It depends on how much you mill down the circumference of the date platform bridge, since it has to be milled for the DW overlay to clear. ;-)

I had 10 hours of power reserve with the original Asian movement so I needed to upgrade, hence the Swiss 7750.

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
Just got my second PAM671 delivered from perfect clones today.It came like this......
f6cb06d776b1a225b4d9521bc632d48b.jpg

20 mins later with the PEEK made it look like this......
74af5dc73dd3f5fd141cd0fe65ced553.jpg

I noticed on my first watch that after 3 days it started to lose its shine so I've bought some sealing wax.This is what it looks like after sealing it.....
b3455fc619e57ff90f21a310a50c4cd0.jpg

I'm going to try & wear the watch for 3 days & I will post the results if there is any change in the shine

The pictures weren't taken in ideal lighting conditions in which I apologise but I will take following ones in natural daylight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koko105

12/1/15
Just got my second PAM671 delivered from perfect clones today.It came like this......

I noticed on my first watch that after 3 days it started to lose its shine so I've bought some sealing wax.This is what it looks like after sealing it.....

I'm going to try & wear the watch for 3 days & I will post the results if there is any change in the shine

The pictures weren't taken in ideal lighting conditions in which I apologise but I will take following ones in natural daylight

You bought a second Pam671 take care my friend you became addicted to this watch [emoji3][emoji3]

Can you explain how did You apply the sealing wax and what kind of sealing wax

Enjoy your watches with health my dear

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
You bought a second Pam671 take care my friend you became addicted to this watch [emoji3][emoji3]

Can you explain how did You apply the sealing wax and what kind of sealing wax

Enjoy your watches with health my dear

My first one went to my brother,he also fell in love with it
The wax was applied sparingly with a microfibre cloth,dead simple.
If it proves successful then I will post a link from where I bought it.

jsungraphy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/15
Are they ketchup and coke? You put your bronzo into ketchup to clean that up? Does that really work? How awkward...!

Since I can't read any, I have no idea

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Are they ketchup and coke? You put your bronzo into ketchup to clean that up? Does that really work? How awkward...!

Since I can't read any, I have no idea

Sent from the RWI App

PEEK was used to clean the watch. It's mentioned in Sparky's post. I believe the coke comment was misattributed to Sparky because of the quoting.

Philph23

30/9/16

That's impressive buddy! I'm definitely hooked for this watch now. I desperately need to wait while next month though. This months watch budget has shot through the heavens!

Sent from the RWI App

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
That's impressive buddy! I'm definitely hooked for this watch now. I desperately need to wait while next month though. This months watch budget has shot through the heavens!

Sent from the RWI App

Quick fix. Raise your budget. :lmao:

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16

Sent from the RWI App

You won't regret it fella,
I know that feeling when your monthly budget has gone.......then a watch comes along that you REEAAALLLLLLYYYY want!
Sod's law bro