• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
I think you guys are brave to actually submerse your Bronzo in lemon juice or whatever. when I want to clean the patina off... I take a bit of ketchup in a dish and dip a q tip in it and rub the watch with it.... doing only parts of it at a time. when the ketchup has done its work.... i rinse it off with a damp towel .... then start on the next section of the watch. it takes more time to use the ketchup as a rubbing compound.... but it works well and I feel better about not soaking the watch in anything acidic.

i don't know why..... it just makes me uneasy. I like the control of having the ketchup on the q tip and just making sure it just goes where i want it to.
i don't mind spending time working on the watch.... it's fun to see the beautiful luster of the bronze come back up as I'm working on it.

ketchup works well too for taking out any black marks on the bronze.

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
IMG_9523.jpg

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I think you guys are brave to actually submerse your Bronzo in lemon juice or whatever. when I want to clean the patina off... I take a bit of ketchup in a dish and dip a q tip in it and rub the watch with it.... doing only parts of it at a time. when the ketchup has done its work.... i rinse it off with a damp towel .... then start on the next section of the watch. it takes more time to use the ketchup as a rubbing compound.... but it works well and I feel better about not soaking the watch in anything acidic.

i don't know why..... it just makes me uneasy. I like the control of having the ketchup on the q tip and just making sure it just goes where i want it to.
i don't mind spending time working on the watch.... it's fun to see the beautiful luster of the bronze come back up as I'm working on it.

Well if it works for you, great! :)

koko105

12/1/15

Can you please @watchmaninpa share some photos with us here

Is your watch a ZF OR VSF

c0okie

18/7/15
0d3bce08c92d8431fe1ecd404afac896.jpg

Not bronze but brass.. toothpaste works magic on this one.

koko105

12/1/15
0d3bce08c92d8431fe1ecd404afac896.jpg

Not bronze but brass.. toothpaste works magic on this one.

Looks so clean to me but i don't know if toothpaste will work with bronze or not

Did any one here tried toothpaste to clean bronze

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Looks so clean to me but i don't know if toothpaste will work with bronze or not

Did any one here tried toothpaste to clean bronze

I have, but only gel toothpaste as some toothpaste have granules that I would not want to possibly scratch the metal. They're not hard, but I don't want to risk it. It does give the watch a minty smell. :lmao:

Reactions: johnlogan

koko105

12/1/15
I have, but only gel toothpaste as some toothpaste have granules that I would not want to possibly scratch the metal. They're not hard, but I don't want to risk it. It does give the watch a minty smell. :lmao:

Apart from the smell [emoji1] mysterio does the gel toothpaste remove the patina and clean the watch like the watch in the photo

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Apart from the smell [emoji1] mysterio does the gel toothpaste remove the patina and clean the watch like the watch in the photo

Yes, from my experience. However, I used it after I did the lemon/water bath, just to remove any harder stains that weren't removed by immersion in the solution.

koko105

12/1/15
Yes, from my experience. However, I used it after I did the lemon/water bath, just to remove any harder stains that weren't removed by immersion in the solution.

Can you share some shoots for your Bronzo [emoji849]

Philph23

30/9/16
Any type of automotive T cut will work as it is basically a fine abrasive in liquid form a little like jewelers rouge which comes in powder form then mixed to form a paste for polishing watches, jewelry etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
I'm so fond of this combo!

Kw Pam382 on Antique_Leatherstraps
9ff537addcbd06004c23b71a97f9d823.jpg
2d694cbf9bc2a32dffd9495b006c09e5.jpg
9ae19aa2867d83b1f9eb00c59e6296b0.jpg

Enviado de meu SM-A500M usando Tapatalk

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Any type of automotive T cut will work as it is basically a fine abrasive in liquid form a little like jewelers rouge which comes in powder form then mixed to form a paste for polishing watches, jewelry etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Have you used it? Because the case is essentially brushed. It should not be "polished" as that will remove the characteristic brushing. This is an example of a Bronzo that was polished using Cape Cod.
image.png

That is not even the most extreme polishing I've seen. But I cannot recover anymore the photo of the gen bronzo that was polished to a mirror finish by its overeager owner.

Philph23

30/9/16
Have you used it? Because the case is essentially brushed. It should not be "polished" as that will remove the characteristic brushing. This is an example of a Bronzo that was polished using Cape Cod.
image.png

That is not even the most extreme polishing I've seen. But I cannot recover anymore the photo of the gen bronzo that was polished to a mirror finish by its overeager owner.

No I haven't. The reference of jewelers rouge was just a example to how T cut is made up in a similar way. T cut is obviously a lot finer as it is basically used to take the build up of grime and dirt off the paintwork back to reveal the original paintwork. Or for over overspray on a repair, or a re-spray job. Any excessive rubbing with even just a cloth will eventually wear a brushed finish to a smooth finish over time so common sense should tell you always to use caution. So I get where your coming from with over some eager ppl that rush into things without thinking it through.

Sent from the RWI App