• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

koko105

12/1/15
I haven't sealed it yet so the metal is open to the elements.Ive never worn it outside yet or got it wet/submersed it.
Both processes would speed up the patina growth I would imagine.
I have noticed the slight dulling of the shine & that's only 2-3 days after I initially removed the patina & polished it.Im guessing this is down to the grease or contaminants off my fingers.So I'm still on the hunt for some sealing wax,I've never had chance to totally research it properly but I'm hoping to have something ordered for the weekend.

85b21af6903a4e9a214f2ea06309ac89.jpg

88cde40a4e57bb9335f340c050884bbd.jpg

b4fabf118c4e083f159d2f99face7310.jpg

da7c5a0524f07fa10f613e50c4008d9b.jpg

Edit:I've just purchased some sealing wax that will be delivered before the weekend.
I will "Peek" the watch over the weekend then seal with the wax.
I will post the pictures hopefully showing how the wax alters the shine/gloss of the watch plus how easy it is applied to the watch........watch this space

Best of luck my friend

koko105

12/1/15
I haven't sealed it yet so the metal is open to the elements.Ive never worn it outside yet or got it wet/submersed it.
Both processes would speed up the patina growth I would imagine.
I have noticed the slight dulling of the shine & that's only 2-3 days after I initially removed the patina & polished it.Im guessing this is down to the grease or contaminants off my fingers.So I'm still on the hunt for some sealing wax,I've never had chance to totally research it properly but I'm hoping to have something ordered for the weekend.

85b21af6903a4e9a214f2ea06309ac89.jpg

88cde40a4e57bb9335f340c050884bbd.jpg

b4fabf118c4e083f159d2f99face7310.jpg

da7c5a0524f07fa10f613e50c4008d9b.jpg

Edit:I've just purchased some sealing wax that will be delivered before the weekend.
I will "Peek" the watch over the weekend then seal with the wax.
I will post the pictures hopefully showing how the wax alters the shine/gloss of the watch plus how easy it is applied to the watch........watch this space

Best of luck my friend

We all here wait for the result of your experiment

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Question
Will using peek polish remove the bezel brush marks?

By bezel brush marks you mean the brushed circular marks around the bezel? Well unless peek is just another version of cape cod, it shouldn't. The marks are machined. I have seen a bronzo polished by cape cod and it was hideous.

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
By bezel brush marks you mean the brushed circular marks around the bezel? Well unless peek is just another version of cape cod, it shouldn't. The marks are machined. I have seen a bronzo polished by cape cod and it was hideous.
Yes that's what I was talking about. I remember reading a thread about someone who polished their 382 with a cape cod and removed all the machined brush marks. Was just wondering if the peek polish was abrasive. Thanks for the reply man! And awesome review on the 671!

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Yes that's what I was talking about. I remember reading a thread about someone who polished their 382 with a cape cod and removed all the machined brush marks. Was just wondering if the peek polish was abrasive. Thanks for the reply man! And awesome review on the 671!

Trying to find an image of it but unsuccessful. I read about Peek application on brushed surfaces.

https://www.tripeek.com/faqs.html#6

Oh, and thanks. :)

koko105

12/1/15
Lemon Bath
Lemon_Bath.jpg

671.jpg

The result is amazing my friend & you picked an awesome strap for this beauty

Did you use equal amount of water & lemon
Or you used only lemon juice

Did you fully submerged the watch in the liquid because the photo didn't show it submerged?

Let us know more about your experiment [emoji106][emoji106]

hykenny

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/12
The result is amazing my friend & you picked an awesome strap for this beauty

Did you use equal amount of water & lemon
Or you used only lemon juice

Did you fully submerged the watch in the liquid because the photo didn't show it submerged?

Let us know more about your experiment [emoji106][emoji106]

I just used lemon juice(the one that the bottle just like a lemon) without adding water.
First attempt, so just soak half of the watch in it.

koko105

12/1/15
I just used lemon juice(the one that the bottle just like a lemon) without adding water.
First attempt, so just soak half of the watch in it.

How come the lemon juice didn't touch the bezel or the upper part of the watch & became shinny like this

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I used a half/half mixture of lemon juice and warm water (apparently it accelerates the reaction), but normal temp water works just as well. Immersion in the solution for a maximum of 15 minutes (it's actually 30 minutes but I don't want to go over).

koko105

12/1/15
https://youtu.be/gV7cG31or6g

I found this video on YouTube for a guy using a mix of Fanta beverage and lemon to remove patina

I believe the outcome of what he did wasn't satisfactory for me at least despite he used a real pam382 and the guy is working for a big company selling authentic watches

It seems we have a far better experienced guys here at the forum