• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bronzo watch thread

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
Your watch is much more yellow than mine
Mine is more red

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Mine definitely looks more gold coloured.

f789e2f7c8d29c4249254aa67ef44a64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

koko105

12/1/15
Your watch is much more yellow than mine
Mine is more red

Mine also is more red

Both of us cleaned our watches with ketchup but sparky cleaned his with peek

I think the color the bronze will develop is related to the substance used to clean it and had sort of chemical reaction with it

Is there someone here cleaned his watch with lemon can share with us which color his watch developed after cleaning

This is my simple analysis & I don't know if you guys here agree with me or you have a different point of view

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
Mine also is more red

I think the color the bronze will develop is related to the substance used to clean it and had sort of chemical reaction with it

Is there someone here cleaned his watch with lemon can share with us which color his watch developed after cleaning

This is my simple analysis & I don't know if you guys here agree with me or you have a different point of view

There might be some truth to what your implying.
My watch in the flesh isn't as "yellow" as gold but a few shades darker,It's on its way to a rose gold colour but it's hard to see from the shite pictures my phone takes of it.
I will take another picture in 3-4 days time for comparison

Sent from the RWI mobile app

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
I tryed to clean my zenith pilot with ketchup. The watch became clear but with some creamy color and totally matte. Far away the original gold / rosegold tone.
I saw on youtube a video from Watchuwant putting their pam382 in a solution and the watch became just like my zenith. Well, as I didn' know how to polish to look goldish again, I put it in ammonia to have it dark again, but don't know how to make it less matte.
Maybe there's a point in the patina process that break the stock apearance of the watch and you will not be able to have it like new again. Or is it just a matter of knowing how to do a proper polishing (not just clean the patina)?

koko105

12/1/15
I tryed to clean my zenith pilot with ketchup. The watch became clear but with some creamy color and totally matte. Far away the original gold / rosegold tone.
I saw on youtube a video from Watchuwant putting their pam382 in a solution and the watch became just like my zenith. Well, as I didn' know how to polish to look goldish again, I put it in ammonia to have it dark again, but don't know how to make it less matte.
Maybe there's a point in the patina process that break the stock apearance of the watch and you will not be able to have it like new again. Or is it just a matter of knowing how to do a proper polishing (not just clean the patina)?

Have you tried peek

Saprky's images showed a very good result

May be it will works fine with you

koko105

12/1/15
Of course I can,its this,if it's good enough for her majesty then it's good enough for me [emoji6]
Can read the reviews & usages below

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0015F2GEM/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

573c3bad000a4d9593ec9844995fe518.jpg

7302b270959b7a8591f0e59358449695.jpg

Thank you for sharing with us @saprky28

I have a few questions for you my friend

1- Is it safe for the watch sapphire crystal to come in contact with the wax ? Or you cover the crystal during the process of applying the wax

2- How long the wax will last on the Bronze surface ? (I mean how often should we apply the wax)

3- Is it possible to wipe off the wax from the watch ? (Or once you applied it there is no way to wipe it off)

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
Have you tried peek

Saprky's images showed a very good result

May be it will works fine with you

I tryed some toothpaste and it was giving it a bit of shine, them I went to a polish paste.
It gave a little shine, but there's no way to make it look like new again. The more I rub with the polish paste, the color became lighter.

My question is if the bronze used in our Pams will have the same result.
It would be frustrating to have a nice patina and then you want it to look bright new and it never get back to that....

Have someone tryed to make a bronzo with a nice patina to become brand new again?!

voxx

15/2/16
Playing around trying to get different patinas on my watch I definitely noticed that when I cleaned my watch with ketchup it came out with a pinkish hue and when using PEEK it came out more gold looking. I liked the PEEK clean better than the ketchup clean. One cannot judge colours properly when viewed from pictures on the internet. Each camera has it's own colour calibration as well as each monitor and user preference settings.
The only way to be completely sure what you like is to try it and then judge in person. I don't think there is anything we can do to a Bronzo that will be permanent.

koko105

12/1/15
It seems that your pilot watch Bronze alloy is different from the Bronze alloy used by KW or VSF

This why it gives different results when cleaned with Ketchup & toothpaste

koko105

12/1/15
I tryed some toothpaste and it was giving it a bit of shine, them I went to a polish paste.
It gave a little shine, but there's no way to make it look like new again. The more I rub with the polish paste, the color became lighter.

My question is if the bronze used in our Pams will have the same result.
It would be frustrating to have a nice patina and then you want it to look bright new and it never get back to that....

Have someone tryed to make a bronzo with a nice patina to become brand new again?!

It seems that your pilot watch Bronze alloy is different from the Bronze alloy used by KW or VSF

This why it gives different results when cleaned with Ketchup & toothpaste

xaneda

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/15
Mine also is more red

Previously I used pure lemon juice on my kw 382.

It looked very pinkish or rose gold after the lemon bath.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pam-382-patina-restart.322129/#post-2891200

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
Previously I used pure lemon juice on my kw 382.

It looked very pinkish or rose gold after the lemon bath.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/pam-382-patina-restart.322129/#post-2891200

i think when you use ketchup or lemon juice it is the same.
thats the color you get when you use them.

there must be something different in the peek to obtain that that more golden look.
I happen to like the more rose goldish look of the bronzo.

seems to me you may need to use the peek if you want that yellow gold look.... unless someone else has come up with something else to use.

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
Thank you for sharing with us @saprky28

I have a few questions for you my friend

1- Is it safe for the watch sapphire crystal to come in contact with the wax ? Or you cover the crystal during the process of applying the wax

2- How long the wax will last on the Bronze surface ? (I mean how often should we apply the wax)

3- Is it possible to wipe off the wax from the watch ? (Or once you applied it there is no way to wipe it off)

The wax is fine to come into contact with the crystal,there is no abrasive materials within it
I wouldn't like to say how long it could last,I put a minute amount on a cloth when I applied it,
To remove it I would imagine hot soapy water will get rid of it
It doesn't leave a greasy film on it so it should be easy to remove

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16

Sparky28

Renowned Member
6/2/16
I want to mention something else I saw.....
I stumbled on this post on this guys watch blog. I am assuming that this is a gen 382...

http://blog.watchonista.com/blog/panerai-pam382-bronzo-new-gonzo

If you read down thru it... he says he polishes it with this stuff called cape cod....

https://www.capecodpolish.com

If you like the color of his watch.... maybe this is something you might want to try.
if anyone has tried it ... maybe they can share results.

I wouldn't pal,@mysterio states earlier about a post he'd seen where a guy used cape cod & made abit of a mess of his bronzo

watchmaninpa

Known Member
15/3/16
I wouldn't pal,@mysterio states earlier about a post he'd seen where a guy used cape cod & made abit of a mess of his bronzo

wow.... thats good to know. It was just something i saw and thought it might work..... didn't know about mysterio's post.
glad you mentioned it. thanks

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
wow.... thats good to know. It was just something i saw and thought it might work..... didn't know about mysterio's post.
glad you mentioned it. thanks

If I understood the post on watchonista correctly (it comes off as the writer is not a native English speaker), the trend for stainless watches is to be shiny, with a lot of use of cape cod, which is the opposite of the strap, where it is a contest of the most rotten, scruffiest and stinkiest. The problem with stainless steel is that it cannot form patina because it is such a fantastic and resilient alloy.

That was the trend until the release of the Bronzo, where you could match the look of the strap with an equally aged patina. That I think was the context of the use of cape cod. Not on the bronzo but on stainless steel, which is what we normally do.

Wiping using cape cod, with enough pressure (and it won't take a lot) will remove the characteristic brushing on the bronze surface, essentially making it not only shiny and polished but smooth, which essentially makes the bronzo look like a cheap gold colored watch.