• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 not winding properly

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Hi!

I bought a PAM111 v4 a few months ago. No problem until today when I found that the watch is not winding properly.

After a few turns of the crown there is a distinctive noise and the watch wounds back.

I cannot get the charge full, and after 3 hours the watch stopped.

Any ideas of what it might be and how to solve it?

Thanks!

sur101

2/11/08
Easy fix if you open the case. There should be a clicker that holds the spring tensioned, I suspect the screw holding that is loose or the teeth is not catching on properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Easy fix if you open the case. There should be a clicker that holds the spring tensioned, I suspect the screw holding that is loose or the teeth is not catching on properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Would it be too much to ask if you could point out which screw in a photo of a movement? :)

Michoua

Known Member
13/12/19
EU
How did it ended...it worked finally...???

I removed the caseback and tried to tighten the screw ...it didn't move and i didn't want to put too much force .
So still got this winding problem. I'll try to find a rep friendly watch repairer.

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
I removed the caseback and tried to tighten the screw ...it didn't move and i didn't want to put too much force .
So still got this winding problem. I'll try to find a rep friendly watch repairer.

Open the watch again and try to tighten all the screws on the bridge plates... sometimes they loosen. All the blue screws in the photo above...

Michoua

Known Member
13/12/19
EU
Open the watch again and try to tighten all the screws on the bridge plates... sometimes they loosen. All the blue screws in the photo above...

Ok i tried the blue screws but no luck with that, they are not loosen.
Any other advice ?
Thank you

Michoua

Known Member
13/12/19
EU
Take it to service... the winding pinion is probably stripped.

Finally i took it to a local watchsmith in september who agreed to work on it but coundn't guarantee that it could fix it as it's a rep.
After a while he told me he couldn't repair the watch as he couldn't find the same mainspring.

So now i'm wondering if it worth trying fixing it by a watchmaker of this forum. Regarding the Price of a new pam111 it could bé cheaper to buy a new one and sell this one.
By the way how much could i sell this Pam with this issue on a M2M sale??

Thank you

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
Finally i took it to a local watchsmith in september who agreed to work on it but coundn't guarantee that it could fix it as it's a rep.
After a while he told me he couldn't repair the watch as he couldn't find the same mainspring.

So now i'm wondering if it worth trying fixing it by a watchmaker of this forum. Regarding the Price of a new pam111 it could bé cheaper to buy a new one and sell this one.
By the way how much could i sell this Pam with this issue on a M2M sale??

Thank you

You can find a a6947 movement for ~$40 that you can substitute, or for parts.

The 6497 movement inside your pam111 is one of the most generic movements on the market at the moment, and I am surprised that your watchsmith is unable to find the parts, because they are extremely common.

Michoua

Known Member
13/12/19
EU
You can find a a6947 movement for ~$40 that you can substitute, or for parts.

The 6497 movement inside your pam111 is one of the most generic movements on the market at the moment, and I am surprised that your watchsmith is unable to find the parts, because they are extremely common.

Thank you
finally i sent the watch to a watchmaker found on Rwi who will repair and service it.

Reactions: up_right

jpshand

Looking Around
29/9/14
Hello Michoua - I am having a problem with my pam as well - can you tell me who you sent the watch to, and how I could contact them to fix mine as well. Thank you!

Michoua

Known Member
13/12/19
EU
Hello Michoua - I am having a problem with my pam as well - can you tell me who you sent the watch to, and how I could contact them to fix mine as well. Thank you!

Hello, i answered your PM but as this could interest other people : i sent my watch to Natas78. He's in Belgium and his e-mail can easily be found in the Tech section.

Kkilliang

Looking Around
8/12/18
For what it's worth to anyone who has the same problem in the future, the guy I took my 111 to said that it was a problem with the mainspring.