• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3D Printed Panerai Caseback Tool

aflop

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/5/13
Would be equally cool to get Rollie Caseback openers too!

Etron

28/7/16
CA
Found several case back dimensions on eBay listing for aluminum tool
81710fe3b57c04a8a610b1ea2e1456fd.jpg

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Azel

Renowned Member
Supporter
10/7/14
Thank you for sharing...just need to find a 3D printer now. :)

kevin.123

Renowned Member
12/8/14
This is great!
if you ever made it happen we would all need to find ourselves a 3d printer soon

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yeah, probably not going to happen mate. The tiny teeth on a Rolex opener need to be alloy rather than plastic; you would need to have the file printed by an on line 3d print shop who can print in metal. They also need to be very precise so you would need to scan a caseback with a high end 3d scanner in order to make the file.

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11

I'd be happy to try, maybe an excuse to buy a blue dial noob YM :balloon:

The caseback tool doesn't have to be that strong, it's more important that it applies pressure equally around the caseback.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
I've never run into one a rubber case back ball can't handle.
The problem is, you need to push down really hard on stubborn Rolex caseback to force it to spin. I had the misfortune of screwing up the threads of one, no pun intended.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

maximuszeta

Looking Around
15/9/17
Hi, the download links does not work anymore (files deleted from server). Would it be possible to upload the files again? Thanks.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
stxtf awesome!!! I was trying to scan and print a caseback opener on Thursday but it always came out just a little too big or too small. I also tried to just print out a dodecagan but again, just a little too tight or too loose. I was going to go back to the drawing board this thurday but instead, I’ll just print up the ones I need.

Fucking righteous, brother.

Last edited:

stxtf

Renowned Member
4/4/11
No problem. You may have to make small size adjustments either way. I haven't figured out a way to avoid it. I have 4 different 3D printers and the size tolerance between them is not even close, in some cases. I think the filament has something to do with it. PLA shrinks less than ABS but still must be a factor.