• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} The red Egiziano Piccolo - PICS HEAVY

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The red 6154 build

Hello gents, here's another build I completed.

Here's what went into it:

- River case set reshaped, aged and refinished.
- NW T24 plexi
- Wonderful dial by Bigwaved
- Athaya 8mm crown with soldered tube
- Athaya tall tube hands aged and lumed by me with cracks on the hour hand. A faux CP has been installed but it got a little too sunken.
- Closed caseback
- Swiss 6498 with the seconds pin shortened by me
- Strap is a 24mm from Bakeka. I know it's the wrong size but it just looked so right on this watch I could not resist :)

I had a specific watch in mind this time and I tried to get as close as I could to the reference.
Here's the gen pic I took inspiration from:

And here's the final result, as usual my OCD is already pushing me to find more and more details to fix/change, but I think I got close enough after all :)

[URL="https://www.pixelsbin.com/image/rRyfT"]

Hope you enjoyed :)

Last edited:

DJ16013

Bettarini Case Fanatic
Supporter
Certified
8/8/11
EU - Italy
Ciao Kilo, that's a great job indeed. Following a gen pic is much better than a fantasy work. Lovely dial and I dig that dent in the case: gorgeous! Two questions: how come the cp is so recessed? And isn't the brevet crown just a tad too small in size compared to your model?
Cheers

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks guys :)
[MENTION=39540]DJ16013[/MENTION]
The crown is the same size imho, it looks smaller because the soldered area is bigger. I could not do it better than this :blush:
I have mixed feelings about the recessed CP, I know it should be taller, but somehow I like it. Surely one of the things I'm considering to update anyway :)

DJ16013

Bettarini Case Fanatic
Supporter
Certified
8/8/11
EU - Italy
I have mixed feelings about the recessed CP, I know it should be taller, but somehow I like it. Surely one of the things I'm considering to update anyway :)

Well, it's true that it adds character to the piece! [emoji1303]

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Really beautiful piece kilowattore. Love the hands and the plexi. It would be cool if you could get the brass movement ring to show on the side like the original, but then you would have to mill down your dial. Still, that dial looks like it could withstand some more patination to get it in line with the historical reference (which has those weird marks above "12").
My 6154 says hi:
IMG_9210_zps3gdqawlm.jpg

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Really beautiful piece kilowattore. Love the hands and the plexi. It would be cool if you could get the brass movement ring to show on the side like the original, but then you would have to mill down your dial. Still, that dial looks like it could withstand some more patination to get it in line with the historical reference (which has those weird marks above "12").
My 6154 says hi:
IMG_9210_zps3gdqawlm.jpg

The marks at twelve are a good call, but it would take big balls to risk ruining this beautiful piece of dial , same as milling down the dial's diameter for a gaposis effect.
Maybe Most likely next time ;)

Btw, great dial you have there, you don't such fat indices very often. Is it from Southy?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
The marks at twelve are a good call, but it would take big balls to risk ruining this beautiful piece of dial , same as milling down the dial's diameter for a gaposis effect.
Maybe Most likely next time ;)

Btw, great dial you have there, you don't such fat indices very often. Is it from Southy?

Yes, it would be horrible if a dial patination session ends up in ruination. So I understand your caution. Still, those gouge marks above "12" really draw me like a moth to the fire.
Yes, the dial above is from Southy. I am modifying it from back side still, introducing cracks and coloration.

myor

Renowned Member
10/11/14
Great piece! You have developed your own style of case ageing :clap_1:
I love the crown area and hands!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This is another awesome build of a classic
Kilo you are getting a fantastic collection
Congrats

ALE

BTW: I don't know if I would be able to make by myself those dents in a case ... LOL

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Of course it would be difficult, unless you were riding a pig underwater approaching a submarine :lol:

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Very nice work Kilo , I started a thread and commissioned a piece with [MENTION=19263]black_shark[/MENTION] that began as one idea and evolve into two I hope more genuine looking and accurate to the original watches. Now I have a 6154 and a 3646 California in the works

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/327851-Show-me-your-Radium-Burn-Dials-Please

There are so many variatons in vintage Panerai dials that you can almost do what you like and, if not accurate, you'll have a plausible result.
Black_shark is an expert in radium burnt dials, I'm sure the outcome will be amazing.
And btw I consider him guilty of dragging me into this vintage PAM craziness :)

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
There are so many variatons in vintage Panerai dials that you can almost do what you like and, if not accurate, you'll have a plausible result.
Black_shark is an expert in radium burnt dials, I'm sure the outcome will be amazing.
And btw I consider him guilty of dragging me into this vintage PAM craziness :)

As far as I'm concerned your all guilty! If there weren't so many good and talented people here it would be a lot easier to escape this addiction. I have learned so much its beyond belief so though I am an addict I am a Happy one :)

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
That sunken CP had[/] to be fixed