• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Good quality OEM rep straps?

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Why would anyone want to wear a rep strap anyways? For a few bucks more just buy the genuine strap. You can find new and used ones on risti for $100-150. I've picked up strap lots for cheap and ended up with 3-4 new in bag oem straps for nearly $100 each. Hell even half ass aftermarket straps are more than that. Jv are a different story as they hold value pretty well. But I've seen used ones for $150-180. I currently have all oem straps plus about 6 spare new in bag oems just waiting for new watches!

I've not seen a new black leather for less than $250 AUD, so about 190 USD. The fantastic rep Asso I have which I am super happy with would cost $50, and is I would say as good as OEM with very minor construction issues that are not noticeable on the wrist. Straps don't last as long as watches, either. You can't say why buy rep when it's so much cheaper, we're on a rep forum. Why buy rep watches at all if that's your thoughts on the matter?

Bit of a moot point as it seems like there are not really any good OEM strap reps anyway, so I have to buy gen. (Yes, or aftermarket, but I've bought plenty of those.)

Swaggerdad88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/16
I've not seen a new black leather for less than $250 AUD, so about 190 USD. The fantastic rep Asso I have which I am super happy with would cost $50, and is I would say as good as OEM with very minor construction issues that are not noticeable on the wrist. Straps don't last as long as watches, either. You can't say why buy rep when it's so much cheaper, we're on a rep forum. Why buy rep watches at all if that's your thoughts on the matter?

Bit of a moot point as it seems like there are not really any good OEM strap reps anyway, so I have to buy gen. (Yes, or aftermarket, but I've bought plenty of those.)

nah mate. You're just not looking in the right places. I literally just bought a month or so ago two brand new oem straps, both take offs of a new 005R. Gold rugby calf and black rubber in the new 125/75 size for $100 each. Also just picked up a new in bag black rugby with beige stitch in 125/75 for $140. Picked up two new in bag 125/75 gators, one brown one black for $180 each and those retail at $360 a piece. Gotta look harder!!! Lol

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
nah mate. You're just not looking in the right places. I literally just bought a month or so ago two brand new oem straps, both take offs of a new 005R. Gold rugby calf and black rubber in the new 125/75 size for $100 each. Also just picked up a new in bag black rugby with beige stitch in 125/75 for $140. Picked up two new in bag 125/75 gators, one brown one black for $180 each and those retail at $360 a piece. Gotta look harder!!! Lol

Would you like to elaborate? :p

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I usually browse paneristi in the accessories section. Not sure how the pricing is compared to buying new.

Swaggerdad88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/16
Just because they are priced like that doesn't mean that's what they sell for.

Tickman

Known Member
21/4/16
At the top is the Hirsch Asso and at the bottom is a black Asso that Malio made for me.
1a615c26afb8a0f34ea05f285e52bfad.jpg

I think the Hirsch asso is no longer available. Their website listing for the Terra now returns a page not found error. Is Malio now the best for an asso strap?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I think the Hirsch asso is no longer available. Their website listing for the Terra now returns a page not found error. Is Malio now the best for an asso strap?

Holy necropost Batman. The post you're quoting is 2 and a half years old. I'm not surprised the strap is no longer available.

Tickman

Known Member
21/4/16
Holy necropost Batman. The post you're quoting is 2 and a half years old. I'm not surprised the strap is no longer available.

I know. I was going to post a new thread asking what's the best asso strap available but it would have been redundant, this thread already narrowed them down very well. I contacted Hirsch and they told me it was out of production. But good news! I did find it eventually, a small watch shop in Austria had one left in the size I wanted. The Malio is currently the best asso strap in production from my research across all the forums. A little more expensive than the Hirsch but well worth it. I am thinking about picking one up from them at some point.