• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Good quality OEM rep straps?

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Hey guys,

Is anyone doing good quality OEM rep straps? We all know the straps that come with the watches are generally pretty garbage. The only one I've ever liked is the Noob rubber (H Maker rubber is uncomfortable as hell by comparison) and the rep assolutamente, which I am currently wearing. I'd like to get the black calf or something like that, but I can't actually find a decent, accurate rep of it using good quality leather.

Same applies for the Jules Verne nubuck alligator straps, although I suspect they'd be near impossible to find. Peter Watch Acc does them sometimes, though without the Panerai embossing on the back obviously.

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Hey guys,

Is anyone doing good quality OEM rep straps? We all know the straps that come with the watches are generally pretty garbage. The only one I've ever liked is the Noob rubber (H Maker rubber is uncomfortable as hell by comparison) and the rep assolutamente, which I am currently wearing. I'd like to get the black calf or something like that, but I can't actually find a decent, accurate rep of it using good quality leather.

Same applies for the Jules Verne nubuck alligator straps, although I suspect they'd be near impossible to find. Peter Watch Acc does them sometimes, though without the Panerai embossing on the back obviously.

Why do you want a rep strap? Even Paneristi are putting aftermarket straps on their gens. Why not do the same?
You will gain tremendously in terms of choice and also quality.

I would suggest taking a look at our strap dealers or some of the well known strap makers.
I'm writing after unpacking 3 high quality straps shipped from Indonesia. :)

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Because I like the simple look of the OEM design. I do have aftermarket straps but for a plain and simple black strap I've yet to find one I like more than the OEM. Same for the JV nubuck.

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
The Hirsch Asso strap (terra) I purchased recently is pretty damn close to an OEM.

I was a bit wary when I ordered it cause the Stitching color is different and sizing is 26/24 vs 26/22 in the radiomir application vs OEM, but I really love it on my 425. I even like the Hirsch buckle now that I have it.

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
At the top is the Hirsch Asso and at the bottom is a black Asso that Malio made for me.
1a615c26afb8a0f34ea05f285e52bfad.jpg

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
That Hirsch strap looks great. Got a link for it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
Here's a link to the Hirsch details for a Luminor...this strap is also available in Panatime a vendor here, or Amazon, etc.
[MENTION=96054]lmmo[/MENTION] thanks for the link to corrigia that's a great strap!

lbazso

Horology Curious
19/7/10
5cf70116a2b50dfa2b1e8678ebc74ef8.jpg
0871583b682350dc03ccb0601e531113.jpg

I have this for sale, 24mm and never been used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
5cf70116a2b50dfa2b1e8678ebc74ef8.jpg
0871583b682350dc03ccb0601e531113.jpg

I have this for sale, 24mm and never been used.

10) Sales are only allowed in the sales section. No advertising or selling outside of the sales section.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Thanks for aftermarket suggestions guys. I already own a few aftermarket and have a few more I'm eyeing off, I was pretty set on an OEM to add as well hence the thread, however the Corrigia linked is very similar and does look good, so thanks for that. It looks like the answer to "Is there a good OEM replica maker" is no, as nobody has come up with any info on it.

Thanks for the Hirsch asso too, however, I already have one of the rep asso's, which I actually find to be shockingly good quality for a rep. It has aged beautifully as well so I'm not after an asso style. I'm just chasing a nice OEM black and a nubuck gator, similar to the Jules Verne but without the astronomical price tag. Since we're sharing straps, this is Peter Watch Acc's JV which I think I'll buy:

IMG_7253_zps4198c4ec.jpg
IMG_7254_zps03117210.jpg

Compared to gen:

20150518_163444.jpg

sur101

2/11/08
Thanks for aftermarket suggestions guys. I already own a few aftermarket and have a few more I'm eyeing off, I was pretty set on an OEM to add as well hence the thread, however the Corrigia linked is very similar and does look good, so thanks for that. It looks like the answer to "Is there a good OEM replica maker" is no, as nobody has come up with any info on it.

Thanks for the Hirsch asso too, however, I already have one of the rep asso's, which I actually find to be shockingly good quality for a rep. It has aged beautifully as well so I'm not after an asso style. I'm just chasing a nice OEM black and a nubuck gator, similar to the Jules Verne but without the astronomical price tag. Since we're sharing straps, this is Peter Watch Acc's JV which I think I'll buy:

IMG_7253_zps4198c4ec.jpg
IMG_7254_zps03117210.jpg

Compared to gen:

20150518_163444.jpg

Holy crap which model is the gen? Was there a reP?

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Yep, it's the PAM520. There is a rep, it's over $300 but it's inaccurate as it has completely the wrong movement but is a display back, plus I think there are some other issues with the dial and stuff. So if you really want an accurate one, that'll be $40,000 for the gen second hand. :p
It is one of the most stunning PAM's ever though.

evilpenguin

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/15
I would say the best rep strap I've ever had is the black cracked leather strap that came with my 508. It's incredible how accurate and pliable it is.

Swaggerdad88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/16
Why would anyone want to wear a rep strap anyways? For a few bucks more just buy the genuine strap. You can find new and used ones on risti for $100-150. I've picked up strap lots for cheap and ended up with 3-4 new in bag oem straps for nearly $100 each. Hell even half ass aftermarket straps are more than that. Jv are a different story as they hold value pretty well. But I've seen used ones for $150-180. I currently have all oem straps plus about 6 spare new in bag oems just waiting for new watches!