• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Engiziano Homage Watch from RWC

John Paul

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/9/06
That does look pretty sweet. Still, I wish one of our boys would come out with a full size version with the propper crown guard and made of aluminium. There is only one man I can think of who would even contemplate such a watch and that is Davidsen.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i think it so.....

Sucks

especially the price...come on, a naked 6497...80 bucks...sapp. crystal...40 bucks, case....80-100bucks,
strap 20, so....how much can this watch cost ? not even a see through case back...

forget it !

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
Sorry i am new to this.. so feel free to flame me... (hope not :) )
its ok for homage but not rep ??

gen

Known Member
6/2/07
dtan888 said:

As long as there are no trademark (ie. brand names, patented devices, etc.) infringements, it is supposed to be ok. C'est La Vie. Go figure.

gen

Known Member
6/2/07
panman8888 said:
http://www.retrospectwatch.com/1954.html

it's pretty pricey at over $1K,

Too pricey for my taste. :shock:

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
gen said:
dtan888 said:

As long as there are no trademark (ie. brand names, patented devices, etc.) infringements, it is supposed to be ok. C'est La Vie. Go figure.

THANK YOU now i get it. :) ... I guess they forgot to patent the casing design :)

Dan

RqThrottle

31/5/06
What!? No blue screws! What a ripoff! its a $100 watch at most :p

mvt.jpg

panman8888

14/9/06
personally

when i see that link above
http://www.network54.com/Forum/246576/t ... 4+Egiziano

i must admit I like some of the elements on this homage - unbranded, simple dial, gold hands, 47mm. i would even love it in a very thick 44mm case like the 243.

but i don't like that it does not have the crown guard, though. and the price, as everyone (imo) rightly points out is too much for a rep.

i really hope someone does do a rep of this one...or even a better (unbranded?) homage with crown guard, sapphire, etc., at a reasonable price.

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
How about getting the aluminum case made and plugging in existing parts?

waterpruf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/06
Re: personally

panman8888 said:
but i don't like that it does not have the crown guard, though. and the price, as everyone (imo) rightly points out is too much for a rep.

I agree. 100%!

panman8888 said:
i really hope someone does do a rep of this one...or even a better (unbranded?) homage with crown guard, sapphire, etc., at a reasonable price.

Yeah, that will be nice. Any takers? :D

ohmycocker

27/3/06
I quite like the style although I agreed that it is very pricery in terms of the materials, if it is fit with Angulus movement, then it is a different story!