Crown/Stem won’t engage VSF 441

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crown/Stem won’t engage VSF 441

Just finished installing a new crystal on my VSF PAM 441. When I went to put the stem back in, it goes in without issue but comes out completely. It appears keyless isn’t catching the stem.

Any known tricks or hacks to try for a noob? The watch will wind but cant change time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your keyless works needs to be reset. In order to reach those parts, partial disassembly is necessary. Especially hands and dial have to be removed.

If you don't have the skills, knowledge and/or proper tools it might be best to have this done by a professional watchmaker.
    WTB in EU: IWC Pilot Chrono blue dial IW377714

'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.' Bill Keane

Comment

Originally posted by Plaasbaas View Post
      Your keyless works needs to be reset. In order to reach those parts, partial disassembly is necessary. Especially hands and dial have to be removed.

If you don't have the skills, knowledge and/or proper tools it might be best to have this done by a professional watchmaker.
      I was afraid that would be the answer. So banging the stem or watch around won’t do anything for me to reset it?

Comment

Originally posted by john doe iii View Post

I was afraid that would be the answer. So banging the stem or watch around won’t do anything for me to reset it?

I am afraid not. The keyless works is a group of very small and delicate parts, that must be interlocked in a certain way to be under tension and function correctly.

Too much poking around and/or banging bears the risk of causing other, more permanent damage.
        WTB in EU: IWC Pilot Chrono blue dial IW377714

'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.' Bill Keane

Comment

Working...
        X