• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

'All Star' 036 Build

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Just thought I'd share the details on my most likely unique PAM036.

Belkin12 built this Last year using a rare DSN case set with the following specs:

- Solid titanium DSN engraved case set, refinished and rebrushed.
- 3mm single dome sapphire crystal (AR removed).
- Gen like triple-gasket spring loaded Ti48 crown + custom made tube. New o-rings.
- Thick Ti CG (manufacturer not defined).
- Thick CB, refinished and properly engraved.
- Dial with correct fonts and layout. Tritium tone indices. Silvered and "98" stamped backplate with dial feet.
- Pre-v hands.
- Flattened and polished cannon pinion.
- Rep movement, cleaned, oiled and adjusted. Brass 0.6mm movement holder which prevents from any dancing inside the case.
- improved water resistance.
- 2.5mm Ti lug tubes.

This gen watch was used as inspiration - https://www.9maiali.com/product-pan...na-militare-titanium-44mm-t-dial-se-200-pc-1/

I loved the watch as he built it but knew the movement was quite inaccurate to the gen OPII with the OPF engravings in the wrong location, no dagger regulator, no gold rings around the jewels etc.

My rep

Gen

While I was in the process of having 3 watches bulit / modified by Marlin I thought I'd ask if he would be able to add a dagger to the movement, though he informed me that it was impossible. A few days later he emailed me a picture of an OPII rep movement that he remembered he had stashed away in his parts box and said it would be a nice upgrade. He added all of his Swiss hybrid modifications and I sent the 036 to him for the swap, which I think takes it to the next level. Obviously the finish of the bridges is still not accurate, though I don't see a better option available other than finding gen bridges which would likely be impossible.

Here's how it came out:

I love that this watch has passed through the hands of David Sen, Belkin12 and Marlin to arrive at it's current state - hence the 'All Star' title.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Great work.
The dial turned out to be very successful. Better than what I've seen before.

It's strange that the CG is upside down, and correctly I understood that the serial number, the case number are engraved on the case, but there is no series / instance number?

As far as movement goes, it really is probably the best it could be. Congratulations!

Reactions: JayBee0815

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Great work.
The dial turned out to be very successful. Better than what I've seen before.

It's strange that the CG is upside down, and correctly I understood that the serial number, the case number are engraved on the case, but there is no series / instance number?

As far as movement goes, it really is probably the best it could be. Congratulations!

That's funny... I was so busy checking out the movement I didn't even notice the CG!

Corrected....

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Wonderful, it always a pleasure seeing such detail jobs.
i ended up painting the chatons myself on mine

klockjohan

El Patron
5/12/15
EU
Such a great job done.
Lovely example of what you can reach if you strive for a better replica - and the stars line up.
I am amazed you got hold of a movement, just what you needed!

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
Wow! Such a stunning 036! Its beautiful! Wear it well :)

Reactions: Woundup

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Really fantastic

The movement is a beauty

Congrats
ALE

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Such a great job done.
Lovely example of what you can reach if you strive for a better replica - and the stars line up.
I am amazed you got hold of a movement, just what you needed!

Thank you. The stars did indeed line up!

The most valuable thing I've learned in this hobby is to do your research. There is a wealth of information and knowledge available if you just take the time.

I'll also add that when you commission projects with knowledgeable builders who 'may' help, if your questions are educated, they will.

Reactions: klockjohan

jibuti

24/4/08
EU
you people are sick! I will love you as long as I last.

Last edited: