• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does this look gen?

Martinmarr

Horology Curious
2/1/20
Hi RWI, first of all, the reason I’m asking this is because this watch looks really similar to my noob v5. These pictures are from a sold listing (with box and papers) so its no longer available, but I am just curious. Seller did note that the CG was replaced to non gen. But is the rest of the watch gen? Thanks!

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
Higher resolution pictures would be helpful but I am not a large enough expert to make an accurate decision. Good luck with finding out.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

Photos are very bad. I don't know how the buyer made the decision that "CG non gen" if he spoke from these photos, but I would say that at least "movement non gen" sooner.
The shape of the base of the swan neck looks too soft, and the micrometer screw is too short, while the chamfers of the ratchet wheels are too wide.

Although, adequate photographs are needed to make a decision.

Reactions: Hasselbaink

superspark69

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
22/10/18
Sheffield, UK
It’s not gen, one look at the swan regulator is an easy tell. The Chinese factories have never got this correct

Martinmarr

Horology Curious
2/1/20
That’s what I thought! Itt marked as sold, I’m not the buyer, curious since the swan neck looks similar to my noob.

Martinmarr

Horology Curious
2/1/20
That’s what I thought! It is marked as sold, I’m not the buyer, curious since the swan neck looks similar to my noob.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I agree with above comments, and better pics would be neccesary to make a good decision

Definitively swan neck spring is not gen and the short screw ir not gen either

The whels, as well said by KOT1917 are not gen either

But the lyre spring of Incabloc is gen and maybe the Incabloc is also gen. A better pic would allow to make a decision seeing the "inner" notches of this device.

FIG13a-INCABLOCMARCAS1_zps78d30d67.jpg

INNER NOTCHES AND LYRE SPRING IN GEN PANERAI INCABLOC

ALE

Last edited:

Martinmarr

Horology Curious
2/1/20
Thanks ale, so it’s a franken at best. Sold at the price of gen though ????