• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand and movement identification needed, pls

Fluidtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/21
Germany
Hi,

Got this rep lately from Ali. I’ve no idea who made this watch neither the movement. Anyone can help and give me details on it?
Power reserve and AM-PM indicators are fake, same as GMT hand. Which is moving though.

Might not be the greatest example, I like it though.
Received it with some problems. I opened a dispute and received some refund which was fine to me. The lugs were scratched, I did some grinding and brought back the surface structure. One of the threads in the lugs is damaged, I solved with Loctite. Also the crystal was dirty and gloomy inside. After opening the watch and cleaning it is fine now.
Overall, this rep surely did not come out of a clean factory……

Thanks

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.
To begin with, I will answer the question directly: this is a simple cheap rep, we usually do not classify such models on this forum, they are not made well, there are many factories, the names are almost never fixed, and the models themselves are fantastic.
Now, during the period of raids, there are few factories that make at least some decent models, but from low quality, these are usually King, XC or V7, which are filled with DHGATE.
I suppose your watch is set to ST2530, with the PR function, but GMT, as I understand from your words, is not adjustable, and the second hour hand is simply tied in the first.

To understand the expediency of the purchase, there are two factors - how you like it for the price, and how much it is similar to gen.
On the first point I understood - even by the quality of your photos, it is obvious that you are happy with your purchase, at least for this money (Usually it should cost $ 150, but now everything is getting more expensive, and maybe even 200 will be the real price for them when they are new).
I emphasize this because dealers in local markets sell it as expensively as possible.

Regarding gen matching, the situation is like this:

In general, according to the shape of the case, the layout of the dial, this is initially PAM321, the version of which on the bracelet had a ref. PAM347. The model had a thick case, P.9002 inside, but also the lume was pale green, as on all models of this series of that time.
Later appeared PAM1321 with P.9012inside, and a thinner case, then a blue second hand appeared, and a beige lume.
However, the separate model with the bracelet did not receive a separate update.
In general, the differences from the PAM1321 in front of you are pretty obvious. Any detail that you can look at is not done as it should be.
The case is from a model with a thicker movt from PAM321, the caseback engravings do not correspond to this model, the date font is standard seagull, the absence of even a decorative plate on the apparently unlike any panerai movement - ST2530, and a lot of minor inconsistencies, the main of which is the inconsistency of the dial layout, namely PM / AM above the second hand.
This function matches a completely different movt today , P.4002 which is used, in some models radiomir 1940, and luminor due 45mm, for example PAM944 Grey dial or PAM964 blue dial.
Unfortunately, this movt., Has no adequate counterparts on the rep scene, due to the total thickness for this functionality and the asymmetric rotor.

All in all, this is a pretty watch that should be cheap, and if you like the design and can't afford to buy something more expensive, that's great.
On the other hand, this is a model that an unknown factory blinded from all the parts that it had in stock, similar in different sides to different panerai models, so it cannot be said that this is a copy. It's just a watch that the factory came up with.

Their skill to make as fashionable as more versatile parts that allow them to give the maximum variety of models that can be sold for 1/3 of the price of a quality rep.

In any case - congratulations on your purchase, wear it as long as you like, but think about when you can upgrade to something more serious, for example, PAM1312 / PAM320 / PAM312 VSF, which can be cut m2m, and later pick up a steel bracelet of a new style ...
It will not be fast, since the factory is not working now, and finding a good bracelet is always a quest, but I am sure it will pay off for an additional budget if you want to enjoy the watch, not only in general terms, but also in accordance with gen.
They will be better in general quality as well. Sometimes it seems that the shape of the case in the profile, for example, cheap rep and high quality, is no better or worse, just different, but this is not entirely true. GEN has been calibrated in form and aesthetics down to the fraction of each angle and mm, and the closer the watch is to GEN, the more enjoyment you will get. Sometimes you don't even need to know how the lug form looks on gen, just picking up a bad copy, it becomes clear that panerai could not have done this ...
However, this is already lyrics, I hope I answered your question.

Reactions: mrsullivan and 40mm

Fluidtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/11/21
Germany
Yes, you gave me a good answers and plenty of information.
Thanks you very much

Let me add: still I like it as I think it is well made and looks cool. And for the price I paid for you maybe get just the movement.
But of course I do understand that the expectations here in a rep watch are higher than this example. This I'll keep in mind.......
This watch is just one of many, and the quality of the images is more related to my photography skills than the appreciation that goes with it.

And of course my knowledge in PAM is low, but you brought some light :)

Last edited:

40mm

19/10/21
GreatWhiteNorth
To be honest I have purchased some of these Ali Express watches as well. San Martin makes some good ones and you can even get models that will fit a genuine Swiss movement. SteelDive and Pagani Design are good as well, but none of these these are replicas as KOT1917 has pointed out, they are more of a homage watch. They look similar to the originals but are not identical, nor are they as high quality as the replicas; but I do enjoy wearing them. Your watch looks great. Congrats.

Once you try your first true replica from one of our Trusted Dealers you see and feel the difference right away. They are indistinguishable from the real thing without magnification or disassembly. Maybe you have done this already. If so, you know what I mean.

Here is a link to the replica buying guide:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/233990-guide-how-to-purchase-your-first-rep