• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed for my xf PAM005

kami2112

Watchlover and Collector from Germany
30/7/12
Germany
Guys i Need your Help..
Just today i received the amazing xf Pam 005 from the great member Twinny
But unfortunatly 10 Minuten ago it was in my 2 year old son‘s hand and fe
7ada4ff1b2a3cbfe44936ae990529b1d.jpg

lt down on the bathroom floor..
Right on the CG and now it seems That is is a bit bent with a kink..
I cannot open it anymore..
So: who can help me inside eu with a cg and who can replace it as it is to fix to remove for myself..

And of course i have 2 left hands for such work.. what a shame
Guys i really need help as i enjoyed the watch for less than 4 hours…
Thx

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Remove the crown guard. It has two screws. One can be seen, the other is covered by the lever which you cannot open right now. By loosening the one at the bottom, it should free up the pressure on the crown to open the lever and unscrew the other screw.

If you still cannot open the lever, remove it by pushing out the crown guard pin that holds it by using a bracelet link removal tool and push the pin out from the behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
Thank you so much .. i will try tomorrow ..
Next Problem : from where to get a new CG ??

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
I would check first if the watch is still working. That was a hell of a blow!

you probably won’t be able to find XF or Noob parts nowadays. The next best thing would be an HWF crown guard. You could try ask Andrew at Trusty Time Parts.

You see now the advantages of wearing reps? Imagine if that was a gen! ;)

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
I would check first if the watch is still working. That was a hell of a blow!

you probably won’t be able to find XF or Noob parts nowadays. The next best thing would be an HWF crown guard. You could try ask Andrew at Trusty Time Parts.

You see now the advantages of wearing reps? Imagine if that was a gen! ;)

Thank you so much mate,

i will contact hin right now, and meanwhile i hope to find one here in our forum

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
All reasonable things have already been said above, I just wanted to draw your attention to the fact that the famous CG worked out its function, for which it was invented and patented, already in 4 hours of owning the watch. :)

Reactions: Plaasbaas

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Technically, any CG from luminor bettarini 44mm will work, but it may not fit perfectly to the case and require optimization of the shape in the area of contact.

You should pay attention that you are looking for CG thick, satin, with roller and for HW pam. The rest is to clarify the diameters of the holes, the distances between them, and fit to the shape of the case. Also adjusting the height of the crown position so that the CG snaps into place and does not pinch the crown.

In general, this is a process. Good luck!