• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No more due to raids?

polarexpress

Horology Curious
29/11/21
Did you buy your PAM 382 from a TD or a RWI member via a sales thread.

No, I got referred to a dealer from China by a friend who swears by the noob watches he previously bought from him. Dealer was willing to refund my payment and apologized since he only relies on the information his supplier gives him. Looks like he wasn't that familiar with PAMs since he mainly deals in Rolex reps.

Dc703

Horology Curious
23/11/21
OK, I heard back from Andrew. He said that there are "limited quantities" of the VSF Panerais available and are first come first served. I just placed my order for the PAM1661, will keep y'all updated. Hoping for QC pics shortly.

Reactions: EuroTime25

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
No 1331s or 927s, so I'm sad.

Enjoy the 1661. It's pretty damn amazing, although the rotor does unwind rather loudly as soon as you take it off.

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Hoping to get a 661 and 1662!

Dc703

Horology Curious
23/11/21
No 1331s or 927s, so I'm sad.

Enjoy the 1661. It's pretty damn amazing, although the rotor does unwind rather loudly as soon as you take it off.

You mean when you take it off your wrist?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
ALE7575 is right. This is not VSF.
The problem is that this is not one of any others that come to my mind.
From what I've been seeing lately, there are bad reps of bronze models that I haven't seen before.
Perhaps this is a new move of low-quality factories, caused by the lack of VSF. Maybe there were such models before, but I have not seen.

I ask for a photo caseback, if not difficult.

Dial looks to be VSF.
Case & bezel not VSF.
Strap looks to be same as VSF V2.
Looks to be a hybrid / franken.

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
Very nice EuroTime25

I'm certainly getting VSF withdrawal symptoms!

j6sM1F.jpg
[

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I sent Andrew a few emails over the past few days but haven’t heard back. Anyone else? Did I get stuck in spam or is he just busy with no more stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pene75

11/10/21
I sent Andrew a few emails over the past few days but haven’t heard back. Anyone else? Did I get stuck in spam or is he just busy with no more stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more stock

Dc703

Horology Curious
23/11/21
Looks like there are 3 models of Panerai left on the trusty website, rest are gone.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Dial looks to be VSF.
Case & bezel not VSF.
Strap looks to be same as VSF V2.
Looks to be a hybrid / franken.

Yes, I see, you have to be twice as careful during this period to pay attention to this kind of assemblies no name from parts of all factories for all the time, and apparently with the addition of something modern, but of low quality.

Reactions: johnlogan

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Yes, I see, you have to be twice as careful during this period to pay attention to this kind of assemblies no name from parts of all factories for all the time, and apparently with the addition of something modern, but of low quality.

Now we have franken reps!

People who got the [latest mysterious batch] of vsf pams and subs really needs to pay extra attention on QC....

DkHelmet

21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I'm personally going to sit on my hands and wait until I see stock at a good TD. As badly as I got bitten by the Italian bug, I'd rather not get scammed for several hundred dollars.

Reactions: rcom440

Dc703

Horology Curious
23/11/21
Got my QC pics today from trustytime for my PAN1661, everything looks great, gave him the green light to ship.

I have also posted in the trustytime subforum with the timeline of my order.