{*PC TEAM*} Three kinds of lies - Panerai caught out once again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{*PC TEAM*} Three kinds of lies - Panerai caught out once again

There are three kinds of lies; Lies, Damn Lies and the ones PAM have been telling of late and it's getting worse, much worse. The company is going to the dogs and it's sad.

https://perezcope.com/2021/08/08/pan...-pam-of-worms/

And if that wasn't bad enough: https://perezcope.com/2021/08/22/rev...-pam-of-worms/

People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
    hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
    When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

How did they expect to get away with this.,.. again

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

So much want.

Comment

I still will buy some Pam reps but this does turn me off the gen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited by Gtmatt22; 21-11-21, 02:03.

Comment

I can buy a vintage Ferrari, Maserati, or Lamborghini, and hope the engine never needs attention as that would kill my retirement fund, or I buy an Iso Grifo, Jensen Interceptor, Italia, Bristol, or other super-sexy exotic that's powered by a Chevy or Ford V8.

Same with Panerai. I personally would prefer closed casebacks and power coming from a solid-as-a-rock Swiss ETA movement.

Comment

I really do not understand how they don't think this will be detrimental to their brand. They must truly rely on the fact that their customer base does not understand the technical aspects of the inner workings of their product and buy just based on looks alone.
          Show me your Ploprof.

Comment

Originally posted by easy_beaching View Post
            They must truly rely on the fact that their customer base does not understand the technical aspects of the inner workings of their product and buy just based on looks alone.
            And for almost any brand that is probably least true of Panerai whose main sales base are enthusiasts. To expect that is like expecting a Morgan buyer not to be well informed about the history of the brand and the ins and outs of the vehicle.

hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
            When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Comment

Originally posted by elconquistador View Post
              How did they expect to get away with this.,.. again

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
              That's not the point, the point is that they lied and that they have a $300 movement in a 27 grand watch. Also, if you read the second article their "Ferarri" engine is about as well built as that of a Chinese home market delivery truck. Pressed steel pallet forks, WTF?

Comment

Very interesting Sir, thank you for sharing.

2 very good reads, a great summary on YouTube, and I also spent some time googling previous scandals, quite the rabbit hole.

How they thought they could get away with calling it a display caseback when it was completely opaque is just baffling.

"Obviously Panerai does not want their customers to study the wonderful d-ETA-ils of their exquisite P.9200 “in-house” movement while at the same time being too stingy to simply equip the watch with a solid caseback."

The Salesperson's choice of words when queried was also very suspect: "We 'consider' it in-house".

I can "consider" myself God's gift to all women, doesn't make it any more true

Makes me all the more grateful for finding RWI when I look at the 2 PAM replicas I have, after only spending ~2% of the price.

The question remains really as to how much real damage will this do? Maybe in the age we're in it'll all be forgotten in a few months

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like
                or
                you will be forced to like what you get."

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post
                  There are three kinds of lies; Lies, Damn Lies and the ones PAM have been telling of late and it's getting worse, much worse. The company is going to the dogs and it's sad.

https://perezcope.com/2021/08/08/pan...-pam-of-worms/

And if that wasn't bad enough: https://perezcope.com/2021/08/22/rev...-pam-of-worms/

Very interesting reading

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Comment

Old news.

Comment

Thank you for sharing, this is very educational indeed. I have learnt so much from these articles and have to admit that I had not yet read up about Panerai's history before.

Any gen owner must feel scammed. As a rep owner I have now learnt, that I own chinese made replicas of french made replicas of swiss vintage Rolex watches - featuring a unique crown guard. And that I probably paid a fair value in terms of value for money.

Again, thank you very much, that has been a great read.
                      WTB in EU: ZF IWC Pilot Top Gun, Noob Rolex Sky Dweller

'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.'
                      Bill Keane

Comment

Now I understand why Dandong can make a beautiful clone of 4130 but not P9000. It is because they try to lower the quality setting to the minimum and still can't match the crappiness of P9000. So they gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by rcom440 View Post
                          Old news.
                          Maybe to you but apparently not to anyone else in this thread. Besides, my sandbox and it was new to me.

************************************************** ********
                          ************************************************** *************
                          ************************************************** ********

Comment

What is next - Gen PAM's with quartz movements.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss99 View Post

And for almost any brand that is probably least true of Panerai whose main sales base are enthusiasts. To expect that is like expecting a Morgan buyer not to be well informed about the history of the brand and the ins and outs of the vehicle.

Morgan buyers know that power comes from a Ford, Alfa Romeo, Triumph, or Rover engine -- lately even BMW -- and they don't complain that there's no fancy but unreliable in-house Morgan powerplant under the hood (bonnet). Driving a Morgan is not primarily about the engine, and wearing a Panerai is not primarily about the movement either. And don't get me started on Cartier . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X