• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mystery PAM090

Kuriwaseku

Known Member
4/8/21
Czechia
Right so I bought a semi-faulty PAM090 in an M2M for a rather fair price and I'm just wondering what the hell I'd just bought. By the location of the balance wheel I'd say it's an ST25 series movement but I've never heard of an ST25 with a functioning power reserve complication. Does anyone have any idea which factory this watch came from and what type of movement it's got? I've failed to find this watch for sale anywhere.
NOTE: These pics were taken by the seller as I haven't received the watch as of 07/11/21. I've just removed the nickname and other info the seller had written of the paper mote you see under the watch.

Kuriwaseku

Known Member
4/8/21
Czechia
Anyway, the only thing wrong with this beauty is the date doesn't move. I think the previous owner tried to change the date while it was in the process of changing over so it should be an easy enough fix.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

You're on the right track, this is ST2530, just with a different gold finish and engravings.
For PR models the GEN must have OP.IX (7750-P3), or P.9002 this is the only rep option for which the PR hand works.

These watches have always been sold not expensive no name by factories, and the price at which you bought them is reasonable (I saw a sale), so there is no point in worrying about their origin.

I suppose it makes sense to check if the button is jammed, if your hands are caught, and if the lever is bent under the button. Check everything, lubricate the button if necessary, and if you do not have the practice of repairing watches, try to practice, not forgetting, at the same time, to buy a new one (they are sold on Ali and Ebay for $ 50). If you manage to fix it, you will develop a skill, if not, just change it, and it will be much easier.

Reactions: Kuriwaseku

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The rep is just a nice watch with obviously inaccurate flaws.

Display caseback instead of closed like gen.

H series 2000 units is inaccurate because this watch is H-series 2200 units.

I don’t see the datewhell but I assume it is with inaccurate fonts and cyclops.

CG looks very bad finished mainly in corners and edges and bad CG pin, anyway first years of this gen watch don’t were perfect either. I don’t see the lever but It should be brushed.

The lugs have to be with quickrelease device for the lug bars, this watch is with standard lug bars.

The dial is not bad in general but the numeral markers are very inaccurate. SWISS MADE inscription is not well placed, because gen is above the dial markers. Lume should be more greenish (maybe a lighting matter)

Regarding the movement and final conclusions, I think KOT1917 has well explained the situation

ALE

Kuriwaseku

Known Member
4/8/21
Czechia
Yeah. I know very well it's extremely inaccurate to the original but the thing is, I really don't care. I really like how this watch looks and that's all I care about, really. I also really enjoy the fact it uses a cheap movement- I can easily replace it if it just straight up breaks in a way I'm not able to fix which just gives me peace of mind. It's just a nice watch and that's all I need. I'm not trying to trick my local Panerai dealer :) Thanks a ton for the insight guys! Truly appreciate it!