• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM177 [HWF]

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
The font is white, probably thick, the sandwich is very wide, as on other models, movt., Is still very rough.
Looking at the video, I did not see too bad crystal, the case will do for this model.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The inner profile of the CG lever is wrong, similar (but worse) to the Noob's levers until the real V4 version

jy0M38.jpg

RED= wrong HWF profile
GREEN= more or less correct profile, parallel to the CG hole inner edges and with roller support thinner

What do you think?

ALE

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I think maybe just enjoy it for what it is. I think these are lovely and wouldn’t want to go out of my way to find out why it’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I think maybe just enjoy it for what it is. I think these are lovely and wouldn’t want to go out of my way to find out why it’s wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Dear friend

This is a correct and very wise thought to be used personally and to use it to enjoy your rep watches.

But if we don't study the flaws and we don't report them in the reviews and fora, the manufacturers would never improve the reps, because this is expensive and reduces their profits.

See how the PANERAI replicas have improved in last years since the PAM GUIDE was published in 2012.

Just my thoughts

ALE

Last edited:

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
KOT, you were right. I apologize. Zero effort on improving by HWF. One would think they could have at least had their 111 dial transplanted into the Ti case but they went the extra mile to make it even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
I mean at this rate I am seriously wondering if they did so on purpose just to troll us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
The inner profile of the CG lever is wrong, similar (but worse) to the Noob's levers until the real V4 version

jy0M38.jpg

RED= wrong HWF profile
GREEN= more or less correct profile, parallel to the CG hole inner edges and with roller support thinner

What do you think?

ALE

I was also embarrassed that the lever can be seen from this position. There are 2 sets of photographs in the thread so far, and I would not be surprised if there is only one watch.

I watched the video, you can see it on it too.

While it is impossible to say for sure whether this is a particular specimen, or this is how all PAM177 HWFs will look like.
Also, I want to note the lighting emphasizes this detail very well in the photos that are here. I would have hoped that the finish on the back side gives a strong reflection, because it is so conspicuous.

However, in your photos it is clearly visible that the inner side of the lever overlaps the angle of the notch - and if this is the case on all serial HWF 177s, it is clearly very bad, because the profile of the case all in all, good.

We will see later if this is obvious when viewed at right angles.

On the comparison above is the NOOB PAM177 P series, the middle one is GEN, and the bottom is HWF.
jyb0UW.jpg
jybbBS.jpg

jybxRQ.jpg

And a few photos for a better understanding of what I said about the dial (For those who may need it).

jyxzX1.jpg
jyx3xj.jpg

(Compares only with gen, which of them is which, it is difficult to confuse)

Last edited:

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Probably it's the lights but the gen dial has more texture/graining on it? Please correct if I'm wong.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Yes, this is a matter of lighting and crystal quality in many ways. So far, the current HWF photos do not give 100% representation of this (it takes a lot, from different angles, in different light), but I dont think there will be problems that stand out.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
I can confirm that Hont has indeed a few N.O.S. Panerais for sale, among them 176 and 177 models. Quite amazing to me and if these were 47mm watches, I'd have a very hard time not to pull the trigger. That said, a Titanium 176 or 177 is a great watch to wear daily. Understated yet elegant.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I can confirm that Hont has indeed a few N.O.S. Panerais for sale, among them 176 and 177 models. Quite amazing to me and if these were 47mm watches, I'd have a very hard time not to pull the trigger. That said, a Titanium 176 or 177 is a great watch to wear daily. Understated yet elegant.

Absolutely! These are great light and elegant watches that imo are great models for a rubber strap, making them a sporty but elegant summer watch. And I really really love the dial in the sun.
j13jIQ.jpg

Last edited:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The CG lever of jimbo2 watch looks almost perfect !!

It is clear that there are some inconsistencies in HWF productions

ALE

Last edited:
Reactions: klockjohan

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Another clear difference with gen is the top of the CG pin

HWF is completely flush and without slightly beveled contours, it seems like brushed after the mounting together with the CG upper surface

Gen is slightly beveled and finished before the mounting

ALE

Last edited: