• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM779 [HWF]

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Well, it looks decent at first glance, even though the coating quality seems a bit so-so.
The Ti question remains unanswered so far, it depends on TD's marketing policy about materials. This will be stated once someone has the watch in hands, weight of the watch won't lie.

I'll give this rep a try as soon as Trusty or another of my usual TD has it.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

@(^_^)@

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/19
https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTgxNDA2NDQxMg==.html?firsttime=197

weight : 111.5g

jICab3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Blshh

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
If this is true, then the PAM779 HWF is titanium.

Of course, I appreciate weighing with a strap, especially not a standard one, but usually a titanium 44mm bettarini, depending on the model and factory, has a weight range of 70 to 90 g, if you count the weight of the head, without a strap, buckle, screw rods.

The steel in this case is usually in between 105 - 117 g.

I perfectly understand that everything depends on the weights, their error, etc., but within the limits of proportions, I would say that this watch is titanium, judging by the photo with a weight of 111 g, with a buckle and a strap.

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Screw it, here comes my fifth purchase of the month, just sent the money to my usual TD, should get hands on the watch this weekend

Reactions: mrsullivan

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Well, it looks decent at first glance, even though the coating quality seems a bit so-so.
The Ti question remains unanswered so far, it depends on TD's marketing policy about materials. This will be stated once someone has the watch in hands, weight of the watch won't lie.

I'll give this rep a try as soon as Trusty or another of my usual TD has it.

That’s something I’ve noticed with all HWF models. Why can’t they source noob crystals? But it does look better than the first pics that were shot in the worst light possible(directly under a fluorescent tube).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Both hands are obviously used from the 47mm model and do not fit the gen.
jIsWX5.jpg
jIsUqp.jpg

In fact, everything is not as it should be: color, profile shape, CG, crystal, hands, movt., - of course, the dial (convex lume, color - not clear yet) ...
The Caseback has true engravings and placement, which is a good thing. Because if it were not so, from the outside it did not look like an exact copy, but homage on the PAM779 theme.

Here's the profile:

Last edited:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

In fact, everything is not as it should be: color, profile shape, CG, crystal, hands, movt., - of course, the dial (convex lume, color - not clear yet) ...

The Caseback has true engravings and placement, which is a good thing. Because if it were not so, from the outside it did not look like an exact copy, but homage on the PAM779 theme.

Here's the profile:

Very good catches KOT !!!

Congrats for the good job

ALE

Reactions: KOT1917

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Those profile pictures confirm what a poor rep this is actually is from HWF... Thanks KOT1917 for taking the time to research and post as always.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Yep, sadly this try at a proper 779 seems a bit failed.
I'll probably still get one, for a taste at the overall feeling and make a detailed feedback here, but I don't have much expectations.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I've ordered one, with the cali dial it's still reasonable value for a homage with titanium case

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14

Here's the profile:

Thanks for the input mate.. shame about the flaws.. I'll most certainly pass, until a v2 is released... if they ever do a v2..

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Many thanks for the input

But ,as you can easily see, this is a "description" with nice pics not a "review"
None of the important flaws or qualities have been highlighted.

KOT1917 's simple post is much better.

Just my thoutgts

ALE

Absolutely, that's why I put the term review in quotation marks. I was only interested in the additional source for the titanium case.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Absolutely, that's why I put the term review in quotation marks. I was only interested in the additional source for the titanium case.

Yes, I agree, the quotation marks are very fairly and rightly placed.

I also agree that the main (and mybe the only) contribution is the comment about Ti case with DLC coating
Thanks for the clarifcation

ALE

Last edited:
Reactions: JayBee0815