• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM000 / PAM005 [HWF]

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
I hope they fix the lume (low strength and mismatch between hands and dial). To me that’s a dealbreaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2021Mark

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It would be useful to investigate the origin of the HWF caseset
I don't think any factory has started a new project having more three models of Luminor 44mm casesets in the market

Maybe a XF-VSF caseset?
Thoughts ??

ALE

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Interesting thought ALE7575 !

I can say for sure that this is not a new noob case, as in the latest PAM111, PAM005.
Just in case, photo PAM005 NOOB P VS PAM1085 HWF (You can tell it by its blue strap) :
jH3Z23.jpg

Also not the "intermediate" one used in PAM390, PAM911, PAM005 (N).
I know this case well (by thread PAM390) , it is difficult to confuse it with anything.

But the comparison with the XF / VSF case is interesting.

My opinion is that this is not a common case, in this freeze-frame of a video from trusty, which compares the PAM1085 HWF and PAM005 XF, it is noticeable that the proportions of the bezel are noticeable and, most importantly, the lugs are attached to the case.
jHzgfn.jpg

I believe the CG is also different. To compare profiles, you need not random photos, but taken on purpose, because the angle is difficult to compensate with an eye.

However, as far as I remember 2021Mark has (or had) PAM000 XF and PAM1085 HWF and could answer us this question "first-hand", holding the watch in front of him.

Just in case, I also attach a comparison of the lug form from the profile with the factory designation, where you can notice these differences:
NOOB (Intermediate), NOOB (Last), HWF, XF.
PSX-20210727-123112.jpg

Last edited:

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
God I am starting to miss VSF nice new release but some of the newer models would be something exiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Interesting thought ALE7575 !

Just in case, I also attach a comparison of the lug form from the profile with the factory designation, where you can notice these differences:
NOOB (Intermediate), NOOB (Last), HWF, XF.
PSX-20210727-123112.jpg

KOT1917 Which of these four would you say is closest to gen? Tell me you placed them in descending order ;)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Pam 000 look good , what do you think?

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
No, I didn't think about order when I put the images together, papabear244 . It's a good question, and this is a topic for a little more serious research than I did, but briefly, and in my opinion, I do not like either, but all things being equal, would prefer the last noob of the 4.

So far, I have a question, why do they so favor the logo on the caseback, Repworld :
​​​​​​​Indices and numbers are also unnecessarily thick, and the sausage, as elsewhere, is not drowned. The shape of the case requires a little more comprehension, at least for me.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No, I didn't think about order when I put the images together, papabear244 . It's a good question, and this is a topic for a little more serious research than I did, but briefly, and in my opinion, I do not like either, but all things being equal, would prefer the last noob of the 4.

So far, I have a question, why do they so favor the logo on the caseback, Repworld :
​​​​​​​Indices and numbers are also unnecessarily thick, and the sausage, as elsewhere, is not drowned. The shape of the case requires a little more comprehension, at least for me.

Maybe side by side with genuine explain more , I hope there’s comparison that’s if it gen replication.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Here they go for sale at Puretime:

https://puretimewatch.io/pam000-q-hw...rap-a6497.html

https://puretimewatch.io/pam005-n-hw...rap-a6497.html

In fact, given that these are the only PAM000 / 005 available now, it doesn't make much sense to directly compare them with anything.

The sausage, as expected, is not made at the HF or XF V1 level, although for comparison with the last pair of NOOBs N and P, or XF, it would be interesting to see a parallel comparison, or at least good photos.
Although it is clear that the shape of the numbers is adequate, the thickness, like most of the alternative versions, is greater, I'm not sure, but I believe that they are also too green, and of course, the sausage is again convex, which looks more like PAM1000 / 1005 from these photos.

The logo is clearly not engraved correctly on the caseback, and in general the engravings look more superficial.

As for the case, I start from the fact that HWF made this case for all of its bettarini models the same, although the PAM1085 and PAM000 (gen) should be noticeably different.

I'll just leave a photo, generously provided by a great visualizer of any pams, dadog13 , and everyone can decide for themselves whether it's good for them or not.
jhbv8b.jpg
jhbMGX.jpg
jhb77p.jpg
jhbuLi.jpg
jhbN35.jpg
jhbRYF.jpg
jhbFc2.jpg
jhbfwt.jpg

For now, I'll just draw your attention to the fact that the CG profile from the end is not correct, I couldn’t find a perfect photo gen to fit, hastily, but you will probably understand what I mean, since the CG is wider at the bases:
jhxqPI.jpg

The adjoining of the CG to the case along the upper line is not correct, without a characteristic minimum gap before the edges of the pillow are rounded:
jhbcED.jpg

The bezel chamfer seems to be a bit wide and its edges are not rounded off properly:
jhxISc.jpg

The angle of inclination of the profile of the bezel is close, but I cannot see the correct "concavity", it may exist (judging by the curvature of the reflection), but not sufficiently pronounced:

Gen, to show this effect, and rep you can see in other photos.
jhxyti.jpg

The holes for the screw rods are slightly higher than required:
jhxYeX.jpg

The edges of the pillow seem to me not so low down, not like on the intermediate noob case, which we saw on the PAM390, but still not enough, in this measure and wider the base of the CG, which they brought out in the same width as the case, although, for a correct diagnosis, you should get them in your hands, because the shape is complex, and it is not always possible to notice this if the angles are not 100% coincident.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with attaching the lug to the case.

In any case, as mentioned, this is the only option available today, it is not ideal at all, but not bad, in my opinion, especially in relation to its closest competitors, but clearly not on par with the best old noob cases and the best HF dials.

Several additional photos, so that everyone also has the opportunity to draw their own conclusions:
jhx84F.jpg
jhx615.jpg
jhx1Eb.jpg
jhxnHp.jpg
jhxrgt.jpg
jhxBo2.jpg

Yes, and I have to mention that photos of PAM1085 were given for consideration and not the latest PAM000 and PAM005 that are discussed in this thread, but judging by the Puretime photo, this is all the same case.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsullivan

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
vurt I think, at the moment, XF are not available. I hope it will change soon.

vurt

Horology Curious
25/9/17
vurt I think, at the moment, XF are not available. I hope it will change soon.

Oh! I read that thread and had assumed they'd still be in stock, it sounded like they were the best version to come along in a while. That's too bad. Thank you!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
hwf 005 dial seems pretty accurate. I’m only concerned about lume.

vurt

Horology Curious
25/9/17
To my untrained eyes I can hardly tell the difference , but reading the discussion in this thread, it sounds like we've had better versions? I'm also very tempted with this Radiomir .

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
vurt
I just noticed it’s Pam4490 by SF. SF are out of business for over a year. They are long gone; you won’t find anything from SF anymore. Only M2M.

vurt

Horology Curious
25/9/17
vurt
I just noticed it’s Pam4490 by SF. SF are out of business for over a year. They are long gone; you won’t find anything from SF anymore. Only M2M.

Oh thanks for the heads up, I guess I'll have to follow this forum to see what's more current then. Looks like I'm looking at old stock that isn't updated