• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacement/alternative movement for 683

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Hi,

I have a vsf 683 and the movement crapped out on me a few months back.
Had a friend check it out and need to replace the balance assembly.
Cant order due to raids or whatnot .

Wondering if i can order this movement elsewhere or use another movement to get this little guy up and running again.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello!

The PAM683 VSF carries the P.9000 clone and is not directly replaceable with other movts that were previously used on similar models, for example A7750 or ST2555.

In theory, of course, anything is possible, but the number of modifications that may be required are likely to be incompatible with common sense. And yes, there have been no successful examples yet.

No factory produces this clone in this form.
I think it only makes sense to use a donor, or contact Trusty when the vsf details are available again.

I don't see any other options.

However, in any case - good luck to you!

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Hello!

The PAM683 VSF carries the P.9000 clone and is not directly replaceable with other movts that were previously used on similar models, for example A7750 or ST2555.

In theory, of course, anything is possible, but the number of modifications that may be required are likely to be incompatible with common sense. And yes, there have been no successful examples yet.

No factory produces this clone in this form.
I think it only makes sense to use a donor, or contact Trusty when the vsf details are available again.

I don't see any other options.

However, in any case - good luck to you!

Was afraid of this...

Found a guy willing to sell me his 683...

guess im swapping it out....sadness

Thanks!

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Than I could. I will add that there is a possibility that some of the trusted watchmakers may have separate parts for replacement. But I suppose you can imagine it without me ...